Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buying a new video card (Resolved)

video card old pc new strong

Best Answer phillpower2 , 08 November 2015 - 03:26 AM

Power supply: CODEGEN 350W, model 300XX, ATX 2.03(P4).  Not the best of PSUs even when new (see links in my sig below) so before upgrading I suggest that you check the output, reason bein... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Good evening  :)

Corsair CX 500 or EVGA 500B both are bronze efficiency rated, have adequate power output and have a three year warranty.

Post back here when you are ready to add an SSD and we will see what we can find for you  :thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)

Advertisements

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Hey there!

Oh I see, that's really cool. Could I ask one more thing about PSU? One of my friends offered me this PSU: https://www.varle.lt...r--1595534.html

But I guess your offer(s) are better, right? 
And the final question to be sure: These PSUs will be enough for my system to overclock and add more parts such as the ram and ssd +-?

Thanks again!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not a bad PSU and a fair price, would prefer a better known brand than be quiet but silver rated is good.

Got to head back to work now but will check back later  :thumbsup:

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Silver means better than bronze? So clearly saying, your PSUs are still the better choise, right?

See you later soon!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Correct, silver rated is better than bronze  :thumbsup:

Corsair explanation here

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Uhm, I don't want to look too silly nor want to miss a clear answer. But I need to ask this again.

You've linked me 2 good PSUs for the price. You said they're bronze. The one I linked was silver?
Now you say that silver>bronze. But still linking crosair PSu that is just bronze?
In conclusion of the questions, so which one do I buy out of those 3 PSUs? Crosair, EVGA or BeQuiet?

2)

I also want to ask you which ram is the same as mine in the shop list? I can't find the same frown.gif Can you?
Shop list: http://www.kilobaita....x?CatID=PL_664
My RAM: http://oi67.tinypic.com/nqwx7n.jpg

Thanks a lot, Phill!

Edited by zapuxas098, 14 November 2015 - 02:42 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not silly at all, just a little bit of confusion that needs to be cleared up  :thumbsup:

You've linked me 2 good PSUs for the price. You said they're bronze. The one I linked was silver?

Correct.

Now you say that silver>bronze. But still linking crosair PSu that is just bronze?

Silver rated efficiency is better than bronze rated, the link that I provided here was not to any specific PSU but to an explanation for you to read so that you could see for yourself the benefits of having a better efficiency rated PSU, an alternative explanation here no coincidence that Corsair is also the reference PSU at the second link.

In conclusion of the questions, so which one do I buy out of those 3 PSUs? Crosair, EVGA or BeQuiet?

The be quiet PSU, better efficiency rated, less expensive but also has the same 3 year warranty period as the Corsair and EVGA units.

2)

I also want to ask you which ram is the same as mine in the shop list? I can't find the same frown.gif Can you?
Shop list: http://www.kilobaita....x?CatID=PL_664
My RAM: http://oi67.tinypic.com/nqwx7n.jpg

The Ram is the older DDR2 type and may have been discontinued, using the same ID code HX316C10F/4 I did a Google search and was given the results here clearly not the same Ram as you have as apart from looking totally different it is also DDR3 as opposed to the DDR2 that your MB uses.

So that we can possibly suggest a Ram upgrade for you can you tell us what version of Windows you are using and is it 32 or 64-bit.
To get the exact specs of your Ram, download and run CPU-Z from here  click on the Memory tab, take a screenshot of the results and attach them to your next reply for us using the steps below;

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Good morning, Phill!

It's all clear about the PSU now, I'll buy the BeQuiet one. Big thanks here!

Moving to the RAM.

So you're saying my RAM is just DDR2? Or just the info papper is bad? I saw the notes of my PC after I bought it, it was supposed to have the DDR3 1600MHZ one.  And CPU-z also says that. (Plus my ram is also blue Fury->HyperX, Kingston).

Isn't this the same? http://www.kilobaita...L_664&ID=552277

Added the image of my RAM in JPG typ.e

Attached Thumbnails

• RAM.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Got to hold my hands up here, I wanted to reply before setting off to work this morning and in my haste I checked the specs of your old MB  :blush:  sorry about that.

Your Ram and PSU are all good to go and my early morning eyesight not so good  :whistling:

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I can understand, you're working-helping to many people, remembering so many situations... No problem at all. I just got worried that my new PC's RAM is bad again, haha. All good now.

So the ram I linked from the shop is the right RAM to buy and are the same with my current one, yes? As always, trying to be 100% sure to avoid any future misunderstandings.

Thanks again, Phill!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Thanks for being so forgiving  :thumbsup:

Yes both sticks of Ram are the same, nothing wrong with making sure that everything is in order, it will save you time and trouble in the long run, couple of additional links for you to double check for yourself Kingston and Newegg

As ever you are welcome  :)

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Thanks for all these helpful answers. I'll check if I face any problems tomorrow after buying the PSU.
There will be left only overclocking and HDD/SSD question(s) then. I am planning to do some slight overclock for GPU/CPU and would surely need some assistance.

Epic Thanks again, Phill!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are welcome and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions along the way  :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm ok with any SSD or HDD questions but of no use with O/Cing unless it is to do with making repairs when things go wrong  :( you might find the info for overclocking AMD chips here of some use.

zapuxas098

zapuxas098

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Will do, Phill!

You mean no use to overclock or you can't really help much about it?  Oh nevermind, got it. Wasn't reading carefully enough. (edited)

Do you have any tips for overclocking anyway? Thanks for the link tho!

Edited by zapuxas098, 15 November 2015 - 03:17 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Honest answer is that I don't recommend overclocking  :no: