Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Downloads

• Please log in to reply

Hypno_Guru

Hypno_Guru

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I am using Google Chrome and have win7.  I am attempting to download a video and it seemed slow.  I pulled up the task manager and saw under the  "Processes" tab that there were 13 listings of chrome.exe running.  (I only have one window open)  Is this normal?   

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Hi Hypno_Guru, and welcome to G2G

You did not mention how much tabs you had open at the time. Chrome has every tab as a separate process (this in order not to lose all tabs if one crashes for some reason.)

Then you could open the Chrome Task Manager (Press Shift+Esc when you're in Chrome), there you see every process that Chrome has open what it is for. And yes it's normal for Chrome to have open a nice amount of process.

Hope this helps.

toshibasupportau

toshibasupportau

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Third-party software is where many will find the best control for downloading online videos. Typically you just paste the URL for the YouTube video you want into the app, and it downloads the highest quality version it can find, probably in MP4 format.