Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong here?

• Please log in to reply

ryanmills

ryanmills

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Dont feel too bad, Whipsmack.  I have taken four C++ classes and I still make that same error now and again. 

The important thing to remember is to not ask for help too soon.  Several times I have gotten stuck and I try to fix it using the "stare" method (which all programmers are familiar with.  Looks kinda like this:  :) ).  After about an hour (or sometimes more :tazz:) I just got up and went for a walk.  15 minutes later I sat back in my chair and I saw the problem within seconds.

A helpful tip when programming (and I wish someone told me this when I first started) is to frequently take breaks.  You will save mountains of time in the long run.

Good luck out there  ;)

View Post

Amen Brother... Thou my stare looks more like ;) then I move into ;) but once I take a break and clear the mind it looks somthing like... :)

-Ryan

Advertisements

duckie

duckie

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

if 2 identical computers run 2 pieces of code with identical input, the output will b the same.

View Post

not true with concurrent systems however.. it gives different output everytime you run, very hard to debug. :tazz:

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Here is a good tip for you when starting to learn programming. Always practice to do indentations on a nested group of statements that way it would look neat and clean as well as very easy to debug. :tazz: