Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Photoshop.exe - Application Error

• Please log in to reply

reindeerest

reindeerest

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm new to this forum, and am looking for some serious help here.

Very recently, my Adobe Photoshop CS version 8.0 has begun to act strangely. I use a WACOM Intuos small tablet for any of my art programs, which is a fairly glitchy product - most of the time, pressure sensitivity has many faults. //sigh// I recently found a way to make sure my pressure is working whenever it seems faulty, but after restarting my Wacom Professional Service through Services, Photoshop will crash endlessly upon my attempts to open. 

I've noticed a few different areas it decides to crash:

Building TWAIN menu items

Initializing (a large majority of the time, this is where it crashes)

Reading fonts 

There was another area of the Building TWAIN menu items that it crashed on, where it said something about our HP Printer. In addition to crashing in those areas, sometimes it'll act like it's opening completely - then it'll simply close out, without any sort of popup. I've also recently encountered this error when attempting (and failing) to open it:

http://prntscr.com/8ynr92

If you cannot access that, it says:

"Photoshop.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x0f726825 referenced memory of 0x0f726825.

The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program."

- And the only option at this point is to hit OK. The other time I've encountered this, it said the same thing, although it replaced 0x0f726825 with 0x0796825. 

I'm considering wiping out all of my Photoshop data, digging up our old disc and reinstalling it, but is there a fix easier than that?

Advertisements