Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Desktop not working

• Please log in to reply

Ryan erdem

Ryan erdem

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer systems cpu works, but makes a sound, and when I open my desktop it lights up orange and turn off, what can I do about it...asap answers please!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts

1) Define CPU. Do you mean the central processing unit or the case the computer is hosed in?

2) What kind of sound does it make? Can you tell exactly where the sound is coming from? (Like from the power supply, a hard drive, a fan, etc.).

3) What lights up orange? (A little LED on the motherboard, a LED on the front or back of the computer case, etc.).

4) Once we figure out exactly what's wrong will lead to the answer to your "what you can I do about it?" question.