Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Script Error

Script Error

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Lenovo Computer running Windows 8.1.  Received a Message that I had a Trojan Virus and to call an 800 number.  Called and decided that I thought they were the one who gave me the virus.  Called Lenovo Premium Support and was advised that I could purchase Premium Support and they could resolve my problem. Leading up to this problem I had been getting numerous "Script Error" pop ups.  I have spent the last week talking to Lenovo Premium Support.  They have done two Computer Refreshes and one Computer Restart.  I got another "Script Error" pop-up this evening.  These pop-ups came at random, I see no pattern to them.  Any ideas? 

Thanks  

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

If a web page you are visiting has an error in some of its scripting code, you will see a script error. Some broswers allow you to disable showing you scripting errors.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I'm running Internet Explorer.  How do I disable showing Script Errors?  Thanks!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I understand this will prevent the "Script Error" pop-ups.  Are script errors still running and is this something I should be concerned about? 

Thanks! 

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

The only way to resolve the problem would be to contact whomever wrote the script containing the error in the web page that you are viewing and have them correct the problem. In other words, the script's author/programmer/programming_team made some kind of a mistake in their script code which is popping up the "error" in your web browser. Since you can't normally do anything about it, most people simply set their browser to ignore that kine of error.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

So "Script Errors" it will cause no serious issues to my computer. 

Thank you so much for the info regarding this!

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

It shouldn't hurt your computer any more than say a misspelled word might. ;)

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Thank you!  I appreciate your helping out this old man!   

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're welcome ... and welcome to the club. ;)