Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram at 97% as soon as I switch on.

• Please log in to reply

Amanda_Scott

Amanda_Scott

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there.

We were recently given a laptop for my daughter to use, and rather than spend hours unistalling and deleting things I thought it would be easier to restore it to factory settings. The restore went fine and I reinstalled all the windows updates (and siny updates) overnight before I noticed how slow and jerky it was.

I installed advanced systemcare to see if it would help, but it just shows my RAM is staying around 97% and nothing loads up for ages, and none of the optimisations seem to help.

It was working fine before the system restore, so I can only assume I did something wrong? Any help would be really appriciated.

Ps I hope I posted this in the right place, Im a first time poster to any site.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Please give us some info about the laptop.

Make and full model number.

What OS and is it 32 or 64 bit.

How much memory is installed.

Hoxtro9988712

Hoxtro9988712

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Please avoid optimizations/tools that are used to speed up your PC. These generally just make your PC worse.