Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost a folder.... (Resolved)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Xentro

Xentro

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok so a few days ago I opened a little movie file that I had on my computer on another drive than my main windows drive.

Today I tried to find it again and it's gone. To be a little more specific, the folder in which the movie file was situated is completely gone from my windows explorer. The particular folder was located in a map with other subfolders, none of them is gone, only this particular one. I have not done anything with the files or folders on this drive since opening the movie for the last time.

I can find the folder when I use the search tool, however I cannot open it. I also cannot find the movie file in this way.

I have had some PC crashes in the past few days, I wonder if these might have anything to do with it.

I cannot find the folder in my bin.

I'm using windows 10. 

Is there any way to recover this folder and in particular this movie file?

Feel free to ask for any additional info.

Thanks in advance, Xentro

Advertisements

garioch7

garioch7

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 62 posts

Xentro:

You have a post over at Bleeping Computer and I see that they were able to help you recover your movie file.

I guess the Moderator can close this thread.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hoxtro9988712

Hoxtro9988712

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Don't worry hamluis or the BSOD Kernel Dump Expert might help you out with this.