Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop infected with ZeroAccess virus [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Noddert

Noddert

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have my uncles laptop (Toshiba L25-S119) running win xp that has been infected with the zeroaccess virus and am unable to run any .EXE files. Everytime I try to rename the TDDS Killer and run it nothing happens. Nothing seems to want to work and processor is running at 100% all the time making it very slow and sluggish. Have tried running in safe mode and get a cannot run exe files. Have tried to access regedit and gpedit and get a window saying registry access denied by administrator. CTRL ALT DELETE bring up the window saying task manager disabled by administrator. What options do I have now?

Can I save all his docs and pics to a disc and reformat HDD? Or is there a way to get the TDDS to run?

Advertisements

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Hi and welcome to G2G. Do you have a USB Flash drive that you could download the following tool to and then attempt to run it? We need some logs.

Set of Logs Needed
1. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
    Note: You need to run the 32-bit Version so please ensure you download that one.
2. Right click to run as administrator. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
3. Note: Ensure that the Addition.txt check box is checked at the bottom of the form within the Optional Scan area.
4. Press Scan button.
5. It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from (which should now be the desktop)
6. Please copy and paste log back here.
7. The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Noddert

Noddert

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok, will try to run it on affected laptop. Am currently moving all pics and whatever docs I can save to flash drive just in case I have to reformat.

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,591 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.