Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kernal-Power Event 41 Task 63

kernal-power kernal event 41 task 63 Kernalpower

Best Answer CrankyCrookedCrampCroot , 25 November 2015 - 05:05 PM

To conclude, I had the issue above and found the solution to it. I had a powersupply that was failing to deliver power under load. I now have a new power supply and i have tested it in many games;... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey there guy. For the past couple of days, my pc has been rebooting while playing Grand Theft Auto V. It Seems that I can only play it on the lowest settings without it restarting my computer. And even when on the lowest settings, it still sometimes restarts. Got a solution?  

Edit: Now it seems to be randomly Shutting Down at anytime and it still gives the same error in Event Viewer.

Here's some info:

My pc specs: AMD FX™-8320 Eight-Core Processor      3.50 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB  (hyper X)

sapphire 280x Toxic OC edition

750 Watt Powersupply by corsair

Gigabyte motherboard.( If needed i will supply which it is)

Here are the deails from one of the reboots:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
  <EventID>41</EventID>
  <Version>3</Version>
  <Level>1</Level>
  <Task>63</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8000200000000002</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-11-15T20:26:27.021418100Z" />
  <EventRecordID>11001</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>Eve-X</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
  <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Thanks for any help!

Edited by CrankyCrookedCrampCroot, 16 November 2015 - 03:47 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   CrankyCrookedCrampCroot,

Can I ask what OS you are running and have you tried running the computer in Safe Mode.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

:welcome:   CrankyCrookedCrampCroot,

Can I ask what OS you are running and have you tried running the computer in Safe Mode.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Attached Files

Edited by CrankyCrookedCrampCroot, 17 November 2015 - 06:36 PM.

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am Running Windows 10. No, I have not tried running my pc in Safe Mode yet.

Edited by CrankyCrookedCrampCroot, 17 November 2015 - 06:38 PM.

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I currently have it in safe mode with networking.    

Here's a link to my pc specifications

http://speccy.pirifo...NXbe4h1MVHnEP8H

Edited by CrankyCrookedCrampCroot, 18 November 2015 - 05:07 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for a reply from us, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page.

The dump files are too old to be of any use I`m afraid, the most recent being dated Nov 8th 15 and the earliest Aug 7th 15.

The computer working ok in Safe Mode with Networking is a good sign as it suggests that this may be a software as opposed to a hardware issue.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Any more crashes since November 18th?

It would have been better if you had post the Speccy url as a reply to my post #6, we do not get any notification when a post has been edited and so I was unaware that you had edited your reply #5 to include the Speccy url  :(

Only off thing in Speccy is your power plan, see below;

Power Profile

Active power scheme: 
High performance
Hibernation: 
Enabled
Turn Off Monitor after: (On AC Power): 
15 min
Turn Off Hard Disk after: (On AC Power): 
20 min
Suspend after: (On AC Power): 
Never
Screen saver: 
Disabled

The Active power scheme should be changed to Balanced as opposed to High performance, this will lessen the load on your hardware and therefore reduce heat, how to swap power plans guide courtesy of Brink here

Hibernation should be disabled as it is a pain in the proverbial that is known to cause problems, an example thread, reply #17 in particular here

Press the Windows + X keys to open Power menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

Type in the command powercfg/h off press Enter and your done.

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

( I replaced the hardrive and that stopped the random shutdowns. The one im using now still has windows 10 though, so I don't think it's a driver problem.) When the system is under load, it still reboots even with hibernation and High performance turned off. I'm thinking this might be a PSU problem, even though my psu isn't a year old yet. (I bought mine in December of last year)

It seems to not restart when playing a game like Team Fortress 2, but if it's running Grand Theft Auto V it will reboot my pc while after playing for about 5 minutes.

edit- And it reboots on surgeon simulator?????

Edited by CrankyCrookedCrampCroot, 22 November 2015 - 10:35 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Was the installation of Windows 10 on the replacement HDD a fresh installation or was it a clone of the data on the original HDD, if a fresh installation, were the MBs chipset and other important drivers also reinstalled.

We can take a look at the output of the PSU, can you do some gaming before taking the requested screenshots, this will give us more accurate readings, see below;

Please take expanded screenshots and only use the method below to attach them.

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
This hard drive was in another pc before this one and it has data on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Spec Thingy.png

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
This hard drive was in another pc before this one and it has data on it.

Speedfan (but no HWMonitor results) aside, you cannot take the HDD out of one computer and place it into another without encountering problems, there will be drivers such as for the chipset on the previous computers MB on the drive, these will be loading on boot and causing no end of complications, you need to start afresh with a new/replacement HDD, this includes formatting the HDD, installing Windows, installing the drivers for the MB and then depending on the OS (Windows 7 for example) installing AV protection.

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

CrankyCrookedCrampCroot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
✓  Best Answer

To conclude, I had the issue above and found the solution to it. I had a powersupply that was failing to deliver power under load. I now have a new power supply and i have tested it in many games; It has not restarted my computer a single time. The problem was definitely the powersupply. Thank you, Phillpower2, for steering me in the right direction. Cheers! 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Glad to hear that all is now well and thank you for letting us know  :thumbsup:

You are welcome  :)

NB: A job well done on your behalf btw  :thumbsup: