Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scanner won't scan after Windows 10 update

Best Answer sandgnat , 24 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for the reply jds63; I finally got my scanner to work.  To be quite honest, I don't know exactly what the problem was as I dumped and reloaded the program, and also updated from Epson,... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

sandgnat

sandgnat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have an Epson Workforce 645 all in one that worked just fine until I upgraded to Windows 10.  It still prints and copies, just refuses to scan.  I contacted Epson support and followed their instructions of  deleting and reinstalling with updates.  It still will not scan.  I would have thought they would have a simple and effective solution for this.  I have a laptop with Windows Vista in which I am able to scan, so I don't have a hardware problem.    

I saw a similar thread on this site and I followed those directions, but had no success.  Does anyone have any ideas that might be helpful on this matter?

Thanks.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

sandgnat,

Did you install the Driver Combo package ? You sure the scanner Driver and utility is in there, does mention to be compatible with Windows 10. Make sure to select 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 10 whichever yours is.

Does it show proper in Control Panel under Devices and Printers ? In All apps under epson does it show a scanner app ? I have Epson All-in-One Expression XP-600 all works fine in Win 10.

http://www.epson.com...orm=OSF_W_10-64

Edited by jds63, 19 November 2015 - 01:54 PM.

sandgnat

sandgnat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
✓  Best Answer

Thanks for the reply jds63; I finally got my scanner to work.  To be quite honest, I don't know exactly what the problem was as I dumped and reloaded the program, and also updated from Epson, and then had some settings to change before it all came together.  It's been a very frustrating ordeal.  Once again, I appreciate your response. 

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Thanks for the reply jds63; I finally got my scanner to work.  To be quite honest, I don't know exactly what the problem was as I dumped and reloaded the program, and also updated from Epson, and then had some settings to change before it all came together.  It's been a very frustrating ordeal.  Once again, I appreciate your response. 

Meaning you uninstalled and reinstalled the software drivers and used there software update ? Epson has not updated most software drivers since 2013 at least i nmy case, but mine works fine. Glad it is working, Your welcome !