Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spilled tea over laptop

tea laptop damage

• Please log in to reply

milrom3

milrom3

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

So about 2 hours ago I spilled some tea (not really hot and without any milk or sugar) over half of the keyboard of my ultrabook. I immediately turned it over and dried it off with a towel and then used a hairdryer for a few minutes over the keyboard. I have turned it on and off and so far everything still works just fine like before. My question is: how big is the chance for later damage? For example that it won't work again in the morning or something? I don't really have any technical knowledge about computers or how to take out the battery or something to let everything dry.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hello,

Looks like your quick reaction may have saved the laptop. It appears no liquid perpetrated to the electronics and caused a short circuit that would have been the main concern, if that had occurred, you would have noticed immediate problems with the laptop, I don't for see any later problems occurring.

Leave the laptop off and upside down over nite in case there might be left over tea remaining.

Joe

milrom3

milrom3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok great, thanks :)