Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with frozen desktop

• Please log in to reply

cottontail

cottontail

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had Yahoo messenger and never used it, so every time I booted up I just deleted the windows. I did not upgrade it when the message told me that support wouldn't continue. Now when I boot up, the message comes up and I click on the Yes button to upgrade. But half way through downloading the upgrade, the compute just freezes up. So I have to turn it off and reboot. It has done this same thing 10 times. If click NO that I don't want to update, when I click on any icon, the same thing happens. It just freezes up. Can anyone help me? I'm writing this on another computer. Thanks, Cottontail

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808.

Try uninstalling the Yahoo! Program. Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > select Yahoo! Messenger > uninstall > reboot > delete the folder C:\Program Files\Yahoo! > Empty Recycle Bin