Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to promote website?

• Please log in to reply

MarKoli

MarKoli

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi! I recently created a website of the company, now I want to promote it. I managed to find some companies that can efficiently and cheaply to do this. For example, Site, or it is possible to employ the webmaster. Maybe someone heard about this company or can give advice?

Edited by MarKoli, 20 November 2015 - 03:05 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Anyone else smell SPAM?

MrBene

MrBene

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Maybe it's not spam but a genuine question. My input would it be that without real-life presence (that means doing events and stuff) website only will get promoted via link-exchange, social networking and probably yeah some spam.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Maybe it's not spam but a genuine question.

Then simply Google How to promote website?

Zelna

Zelna

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

If you want to promote a website then take the services of SEO. I have taken it for my website which provides free after effects templates for videos and websites. You can DIY too as it is not a rocket science to promote anything over internet.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Tip: Since a search engine’s goal is to reward the best content creators, your goal should be to become one.

LinkedIn > Susan Schauer - Internet Marketing | SEO | Website Design > Beware SEO BULL**** !

Jun 25, 2015

SEO Bull.

There are way too many SEO talking heads who do not have a clue.

I’m not just talking about salespeople trying to make a quick buck. (We have all received those emails promising great success with someone super-duper SEO services). I’m talking about so-called "experts" who write and talk about how to improve your business website SEO. They are everywhere and they talk a LOT.

Unfortunately with all the talk comes a lot of misinformation. Which translates into a lot of money spent by companies for SEO services that don’t work and can’t work for their websites.

Why? Because the code that makes up the backend of your website is what the search engines read and many websites have very poor code. Therefore -- investing money toward any SEO services will be ineffectual if the code is not up to par.

Start at the beginning with a custom, hand-coded site that is optimized for search. What exactly does that mean?
  • That means your code is clean.
  • That means your Text to HTML ratio is high.
  • That means that important keywords and phrases that describe your business are in those first 100 lines of code (not buried in the bottom).
  • That means Google can see what you are about!
Once you built that SEO foundation, you can begin to consider the many other miscellaneous things that you can improve upon to get your website to be found higher up in the search engines.

Stay tuned. We’ll go into those details in future blogs.

Can’t wait? Send me a nudge.

Rahulreedy

Rahulreedy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The best way is to do social book marking, directory submission, blog commenting, reviews,forum.

adbvir

adbvir

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

I want to suggest you some website promotion tips. Hope these tips will help you:

First thing to do to promote your website is search engine submissions. So you can submit new content to all search engine directories as Google, Bing, and Yahoo etc. This will help to start getting traffic to your website.

Focus on the keywords having higher searches with low competition. Google keyword tool planner will be helpful for you to choose your keywords. And then increase your site ranking using high PR bookmarking sites, Articles, Blogs, Classifieds submissions. As these SEO activities will help to increase ranking and traffic both.

As because it’s easy to connect with people via social media so create different Social media accounts and promote your website.

You can submit your business details using different business listing sites; add business images and a short description in listings. Try to promote in local listing site to get local audience.

Edited by adbvir, 28 December 2015 - 03:54 AM.