Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Vista is driving me mad :(

Vista Windows X32

• Please log in to reply

Vista_NIGHTMARE

Vista_NIGHTMARE

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi everyone

I add a query on here in the hope that someone will please put me out of my misery, it seems that this issue has been going on a looooooooong time and I have lost count of the times I have carried out a factory reset just to find the same issue reappearing....

I have Windows Vista Home Edition x32 bit and I would be alright with that other than I never really have full access to my system files as there is an override that prevents you being sole administrator. I have messed and messed and spent hours doing different things to no avail.

So...... I just want to wipe the whole computer, DELETE everything and start fresh, only problem is I don't actually have a CD for Vista and was wondering if there was anyway of copying the necessary files to a USB stick which will auto run once I have done a full system restore?!

I have downloaded the following file:-Windows_Vista_Home_Premium_SP2_32_Bit.iso and was wondering if this would do the trick, but the last thing I want to do it totally F**K the computer up all together...

Any information or direction would be very much appreciated at this time as I really am lost :(

I would be happy to answer any questions and hope someone can assist.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

If your computer has a working CD/DVD burner, burn that .ISO file to a DVD using ISO Recorder, (instructions), then boot the computer from that DVD and follow the on-screen instructions. During the very beginning of the installation routine, it will allow you to delete, recreate and format partition(s) before it actually starts installing Windows.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Your present OS must be genuine, and you need the product key before staring the install, otherwise you will heve to contact Microsoft Support for activation and this can be a hassle.