Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I think (or know) I have a virus! I need help :(

• Please log in to reply

Bloodblade07

Bloodblade07

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I was using my computer normally, when I noticed it was acting really slowly. I put up for it for about half an hour until I finally looked at the processes. I know I most likely have a worm or something because it shows:

avguix.exe *32 (That's by my non-working anti-virus)

x6 conhost.exe

csrss.exe

x2 dllhost.exe

dwm.exe

x2 explorer.exe

msdtc.exe

x3 msiexec.exe

notepad.exe

PresentationHost.exe

taskeng.exe

x4 taskhost.exe

taskmrg.exe

winlogon.exe

Please note that I just started the computer up, and it took about 10 seconds for all of the processes to fill up the Windows Task Manager window. They aren't even popping up on the screen, like notepad.exe. I don't know what to do :( I just want to play my emulators in peace...

Advertisements

Valinorum

Valinorum

GeekU Guardian Bot

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,330 posts
Those processes can pop up from legitimate usage too but just to be sure, please, post the logs from the sticky thread.