Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

40" 4k Samsung TV jitters when used as my MSI Apache laptop's

JitterStutter Laptop Monitor HDMI

• Please log in to reply

CaptainGongan

CaptainGongan

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Today I bought a 40" 4k Samsung TV. The model is UN40JU640DFXZA and it displays my PS4 flawlessly. The image is smooth, the colors are vibrant, and the input lag is low. When plugged into my MSI Apache Ge72 Apache-264 it's a different story. The framerate seems to be very low, and its noticeable. It makes gaming jarring. I'm hooking it up with an HDMI cable, and this same laptop when hooked up to my old TV (720p 32" Magnavox) runs completely smoothly. Using both 1080p and 4k resolutions on the TV's display gives me the stuttering (or low framerate, I'm not sure which one). What's going on? Lastly, when attempting to run my laptop through the setup I had for my old TV, the TV tells me there is no input. The laptop runs through an HDMI cable then into an "HDMI to HDMI+analog audio splitter", which then feeds into both the TV and my computer speakers. When I run my laptop through HDMI straight to my TV, there is no issue. But when adding my speakers into the mix, it simply says there is no input. Those are my two issues.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

You're going to need HDMI 1.4 with a High-Speed HDMI Cable to be able to run that 4K (3840x2160=8,294,400 pixel) display.

A standard HDMI cable can only handle 720p and 1080p. HDMI 1.0 can only handle WUXGA (1920×1200) and HDMI 1.3 WQXGA (2560×1600) across a single digital link.

More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI