Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dota 2 freezing (Resolved).

Dota2

Best Answer phillpower2 , 29 November 2015 - 03:56 AM

No problem, you have hopefully managed to resolve the issue yourself in any event   May I suggest that you ensure that you have a new restore point for the present stable settings. L... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Vinod Antony

Vinod Antony

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

In task manager, my system randomly starts using up the disk. This slows down my computer and it starts to lag. After a few minutes my laptop goes back to being normal. I have attached a screenshot

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot (3).png

Advertisements

Vinod Antony

Vinod Antony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Dota2 freezes after say 10-20 min in-game and also while on the main window. This started to happen after the latest update.

Only the video freezes while the game carries on in the background ( audio can be still heard).

The mouse pointer does not freeze and I can stil control my hero though I cannot see what's happening.

The only way I can continue is after opening task manager.

Please help

sytem spec

Intel® Core™ i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 5500

4GB RAM DDR3

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Hello Vinod Antony,

Is this the same computer as in your thread here

Vinod Antony

Vinod Antony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

yes it's the same system :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

To avoid any possible confusion the two threads have been merged.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Vinod Antony

Vinod Antony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Unfortunately the internet connection here is through a firewall which prevents me from downloading freeware/shareware. Both download sites are blocked by Cyberoam.

Nevertheless the problem apparently has not recurred ever since I updated my display adapter. The game runs smooth now.

Thank you for your time and willingness to help :) 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
✓  Best Answer

No problem, you have hopefully managed to resolve the issue yourself in any event  :thumbsup:

May I suggest that you ensure that you have a new restore point for the present stable settings.

Let us know if you have any further problems with it.

You are welcome btw  :)