Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Light sensor that see you even if you are not moving

light sensor move

• Please log in to reply

darkenergy

darkenergy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi! I recently bought light sensor that turns light on when I enter room, then it counts say 5 min and if there is activity in the room it extends light for another 5 min. But it has one big minus - if I am not moving inside the room - it can not see me and so light goes off. The question: is there any existing solution (plug -and-play) that will see me even if I am not active in that room? Sorry for my English and hello from Ukraine.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi darkenergy,

Welcome to GeeksTo Go! :)

You're English is just fine!

Hm? That is more of a motion detector and once motion is not detected it shuts the light off. I am not an electrician, but the only thing I can think of that might be what you are looking for is something like this. From what the description says it can be adjusted so you can set the length of time the light stays on.

If all else fails you could always get The Clapper. Trust me, they work great! :)

Maybe one of the other members might be able to help as well. I'll continue to look around to see what might be able available for your purpose.

Donna :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Product Description

Description
The Motion Sensor PIR Light Switch detects PIR body heat motion and automatically switches the light ON, turning it OFF again after a time adjustable from 6 seconds to 12 minutes.

Absolutely no idea how good they are btw  :blink:

darkenergy

darkenergy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the answer
but what I am looking for is not to manually deal with switcher (eve if it contactless, like clapper), but let light turn on and off when I am in and out.

and the problem is that when I am reading a book the sensor does not see me, and so light turns off