Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom built PC case LED lights don't turn on (Resolved)

Best Answer phillpower2 , 28 November 2015 - 02:44 PM

OSC2000, If the computer itself is working ok then it is not likely to be the PSU and more likely to be the case wiring or the the LEDs themselves, incidently, MSI recommend a 400... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

OSC2000

OSC2000

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Geeks to go, I need your help. I've built my own computer a while ago in another case. Two days ago, I bought a new case, the noctis 450. All the led lights on the case worked except for the ones surrounding the power button. I chose to ignore it but today, the NZXT logo's LED lights also turned off. After doing some research, I suspect it could be a problem with the power supply. However, I want to be sure before I go buy a new power supply, so I ask you to help me figure out what the problem is that is causing the case's LED lights not to turn on.

The components in my computer are as such:

MSI GTX 980 ti Lightning
Noctis 450 case
Antec 450w psu
Intel core i7 6700k
Gigabyte z170x gaming 7

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   OSC2000,

If the computer itself is working ok then it is not likely to be the PSU and more likely to be the case wiring or the the LEDs themselves, incidently, MSI recommend a 400W PSU for their card but other sources suggest 600W and 42 amps on the +12V rail, depending on which particular model of 450W Antec you have, it is obviously 150W less than game debate recommends  but it also may not produce the recommended amount of amps either..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Not heard back from you OSC2000, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

OSC2000

OSC2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Turns out it was not a problem with my build but rather with the case's LEDS itself. I had to get a new case as I still had warranty. Thank you for your help, you saved me from buying a new PSU.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Glad to hear that we were able to help and thank you for letting us know that all is now well   :thumbsup:

You are most welcome btw   :)