Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! WHAT IS TRAYAPP?

• Please log in to reply

drrvh

drrvh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same TRAYAPP problem, brought on by installing, then trying to remove an HP printer. Do I have to put the HP CD in my computer evey time I start up? That would be tremendously annoying.

Robert

Advertisements

gsteinbach

gsteinbach

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) Thank you very much very helpful! But maybe you can help me with something else. The reason this error occured was because I was trying to fix a (what I think is a registry problem for sometime). I have 3 profiles set up on my XP , my desktop and another persons works fine. However on my sons desktop the active X controls will not work. They where working fine he had his own igoogle page and everything. One day the active -x part of his page stopped working. I did everything even tried deleting his profile and making a new one, nothing seems to work. I have been through all the tutriols on active-x controls and have enabled all the setting in the internet options. I even upgraded the internet explorer, but nothing works. The strange part is when I use firefox on his profile he can open his igoogle page fine and the active x stuff seems to be working fine. This problem does not occur on the other desktops on the same computer. Strange & confusing.
When I am in his internet explorer and I try to download adobe flashplayer nothing happens no pop prompts no installation and the active-x games and controls in his igoogle page will not work.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I tried to pretty reliable free registry cleaners and those just seemed to give me the TrayApp error, they didn't do much else.

Thanks

gsteinbach

gsteinbach

• Pip
  • 2 posts
NEVERMIND AFTER MY LAST POST I WENT BACK ON MY SONS PROFILE AND AFTER PUTTING IN THE HP DISK HIS INTERNET EXPLORER PROMPTED ME TO FINISH SOME SETTINGS AND VIOLA HIS IGOOGLE PAGE CAME UP ACTIVE X AND ALL.

WHO WOULD OF THOUGHT! GREAT ADVICE THANKS! I WOULD HAVE NEVER GEUSSED THIS ONE IN A 1,000 YEARS!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Gouverneur

Gouverneur

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Inserting the HP CD did not work for me. I am sure this is due to some weird differenece between my system and/or HP Printer and those used by others.

The advice here did give me a clue: I used a Utility called StartupCop to disable 4 HP Programs started when XP loads. That cured the problem.

For those who do not have StartupCop: It is a free utility I downloaded from (I think) the PC Magazine Site. I am sure that a search will find it. It has a disable option, so that the program stays in the list and can be enabled if the system does not function after disabling a program.

ador_bl

ador_bl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello! the hp thing doesnt work in my pc... when i click ok after finding TrayApp manually from my cd, it says the file isnt a valid installation package for the product TrayApp and it says i need to find the installation package TrayApp.msi in a folder from which i can install TrayApp. Please help me before I go insane! Please...

larrycc

larrycc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had this same problem with HP. Click on start, then run, type in msconfig, then ok. It will bring up the system config utility, go to startup, then uncheck anything to do with HP. Restart computer and it will go away.

Larry

Alanwrock

Alanwrock

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I, also, want to thank you ...great advise...it worked.

vince65

vince65

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I had this same problem with HP. Click on start, then run, type in msconfig, then ok. It will bring up the system config utility, go to startup, then uncheck anything to do with HP. Restart computer and it will go away.

Larry

can you help me please,ive the same problem with trayapp since i uninstalled a hp 1200 all in one,i have tryed the hp disc,ive run spybot,norton,addware and windows defender nothing works. i have another printer installed a hp 7160 for our photos and an epson all in one that the kids use for home work , so i dont think i will be able to uncheck all hp stuff in system config utility. is there anything else you can think of that can help.

vince65

vince65

• Pip
  • 2 posts
please help me get rid of trayapp.....ive tried everything you all have said,its driving me up the wall.

RogerP

RogerP

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the HP disk but it says it is not the disk.. cant unstall the printer even using MS Installer fix... Any suggestions?

Advertisements

contrax1

contrax1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HP trayapp folder worked as mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

smokebone5

smokebone5

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Omg it worked thanks so much......

smokebone5

smokebone5

• Pip
  • 4 posts
First of all thanks your tip worked wonders

can you help with this problem

i have a windows vista computer, and a hp c6280 all in one printer which have worked fine for about 6 months now
untill yesterday that is, for no reason at all i cannot scan, the printer works fine , i have tried taken everything off then re trying but each time i do this it loads to 96% then says fatal error, the printer still works fine but the scanner still no luck..
cheers

ecoimpact

ecoimpact

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys,

I get the Trayapp now when I restart the laptop too, though my problem is a little different.

I have windows 7 the new beta, installed just fine as an upgrade from windows vista. I had HP deskjet f4185 installed at the time of the upgrade which was working fine with the windows 7 platform, albeit the scan button stopped working. I could use the software package to undertake scans instead, so I know the scanner not broken.

I thought if I uninstalled the HP software and then reinstalled it, the problem might fix itself, albeit when I went to install the HP software from CD the windows 7 platform isn't recognised as a OS it supports - but it had worked!! [bleep] technology lol

I took some screen shots of the Trayapp error windows with microsoft office onenote, not sure how to upload them properly, but I'll give it a try. They are file extension .png:

http://www.geekstogo.../attach_add.png

Next thing I did, was a system restore in an effort to revert the uninstallation of the HP software, can't recall what happened, so I'll try again and post an update.

UPDATE 10 July 2009:

It is no longer a problem for me. I may have been having issues with an uninstall of the HP, Norton or some other program in which it hadn't uninstalled completely and as I was working on some things online, I was reluctant to restart the computer which I eventually did and I think that helped.

Attached Thumbnails

• Tray_app_1.png
  • tray_app_2.png
  • Tray_app_3.png
  • Tray_app_4.png

Edited by ecoimpact, 09 July 2009 - 08:25 AM.

Ayush Nalotia

Ayush Nalotia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
well i got the same problem but i dun have the cd..
could anyone guide??