Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! WHAT IS TRAYAPP?

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Ayush Nalotia.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :rolleyes:

You may want to start your own topic in the Applications or XP forums where you may get faster assistance. This topic is almost 4 years old and your chances of getting assistance is cut down greatly by bumping on this topic.
Thank you for your cooperation. :happy:

Advertisements

charlenered

charlenered

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Bought a used laptop in '06 with the TrayApp problem. The disc solution is way too cumbersome for me. I just open task manager and "End Task". Way easier than carrying a disk with me to insert every time I boot up!

dot-spot

dot-spot

• Pip
  • 1 posts

hello! the hp thing doesnt work in my pc... when i click ok after finding TrayApp manually from my cd, it says the file isnt a valid installation package for the product TrayApp and it says i need to find the installation package TrayApp.msi in a folder from which i can install TrayApp. Please help me before I go insane! Please...

Hi I have had the same problem and I found out that the problem was in the registry. I had,by accident,
eliminated it, so I restored it from my registry cleaner and now all works fine.

Swt

Swt

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Here's a question about that.What if I don't have the disc or the printer anymore and I cant get any of the HP Photosmart downloads to uninstall? Everytime I try it has no response at all. So any ideas on how I can fix this problem? I would need answers on "kindergarten" level because I really dont know alot about computers.Thank any and all who are willing to try to help me!!!

Edited by Swt, 05 December 2009 - 03:04 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: Swt

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Metrotek

Metrotek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I turned off UAC (user account control) and it quit doing this. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for the information Metrotek, I'm sure it will help someone in the future.

mbritton80

mbritton80

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my boyfriend went into our computer and deleted a bunch of programs he didn't think we needed because our computer has become progressively slower. now we get a "TrayApp" error and something about drive L. I read the post on TrayApp error and how it has to do with the printer, the thing is though we got the computer from a friend and don't have any original software information or disk so I can't load a disk for the printer, which we never even had a printer to begin with. Is there anything else I can do??? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: mbritton80

Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Once your topic is started send me a pm with the link to your topic and i will be happy to help. i will suggest doing a system restore and will advise on how to do this once you have your topic started.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Anyone else wanting to post here should start there own topic.

Thank you for your cooperation

Advertisements

SabbySab

SabbySab

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I used to have an HP printer. It would not install correctly and despite my 3 hours with the tech, which send my complaint into level 2 who never contacted me, I had to return it. After the tech messed around with my computer, every time I restarted the computer or shut it down I got a Microsoft .NET framework error. I decided that I would return to a restore point to fix the problem, since the fix application for framework did not work. However, I was only given the last weeks worth of restore points, which wasn't enough to return my computer back to when i DIDN"T have the printer drivers installed. Now, i don't have the disks and TrayApp keeps popping up. Should I download and install the newest drivers off the hp website? Programs and Features isn't starting up the uninstall wizard when I go in there and just try to uninstall it! what do i do help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: SabbySab

FBTony

FBTony

• Pip
  • 2 posts

If you have an HP Printer then load the HP CD when it asks for trayapp

Keith, I downloaded the HP drivers from the web site and not from a CD. Do you have any suggestions for me as to how to get rid of the TryApp that keeps popping up?

FBTony

FBTony

• Pip
  • 2 posts

If you have an HP Printer then load the HP CD when it asks for trayapp

Keith, I downloaded the HP drivers from the web site and not from a CD. Do you have any suggestions for me as to how to get rid of the TryApp that keeps popping up?

lark11

lark11

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks, I'm new to geeks-to-go, and this one worked for me