Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

camera madness (Resolved)

Best Answer SpywareDr , 07 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

If you're really good at soldering, you might be able to "swap it out", but, more likely than not, using "the camera module out of any old device" as a replacement is NOT going to work. The hardwar... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

kurtfee

kurtfee

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,I'm a noob to your site so firstly Thanx for having me and thumbs up to the site,.I have a cheap android tab made by British firm I.T 1gb ram quad core 1.7ghz and more importantly a really crappy camera,my question to any geeks out there that can help me is, can I take a camera module out of any old device,open my little I.T tablet and swap the camera??? The old device I have in mind is a lumia 625,are most connecters the same? And would I need to change any type of driver or whatever it is that tablets use for there hardware like a computer would use a driver.thanx in advance for any help and I also apologise if iam way of the ball with this thought

Edited by kurtfee, 05 December 2015 - 06:12 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
✓  Best Answer

If you're really good at soldering, you might be able to "swap it out", but, more likely than not, using "the camera module out of any old device" as a replacement is NOT going to work. The hardware and the software in the device were designed to work specifically with the "crappy" camera that's in it. If you were able to attach one with different (better) specifications, the other hardware and/or software in the device wouldn't even know how to use it.

kurtfee

kurtfee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanx for your reply.....shame,my soldering is impeccable that's another reason I could of done it but as always Info's the key,so thankyou I'll just continue using my mobile for pix.cheers doc.....kf

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

You're welcome. And cheers. :)