Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk is always at a 100% and can get it to lower.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

connerYule

connerYule

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

In task Manager the disk is always at 100% try to lower it but not thing will work.

Advertisements

connerYule

connerYule

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

can't get it to lower sorry.

76broadband

76broadband

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

I've had that same issue. The problem for me was I had Steam installed and I was in the Steam Beta Program. If you have Steam installed and you're in the beta program, try leaving the program. Another thing you could try is opening task manager and clicking "Disk" in the "Processes" tab, then ending the task at the top of the list. Otherwise, there could be an issue with your disk.

Edited by 76broadband, 07 December 2015 - 07:21 PM.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

It depends on a number of factors, such as running tasks, the disk speed, and the SATA port speed.

Can you provide more details about your machine, such as the model?

ttarko

ttarko

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Could it be a RAM issue as well?

connerYule

connerYule

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

It depends on a number of factors, such as running tasks, the disk speed, and the SATA port speed.

Can you provide more details about your machine, such as the model?

Intel core i3-3110m 2.40GHz

4.00gb RAM

64 based processor

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Hello,

According to reports, some are experiencing some high CPU utilization after installing the Windows 10 upgrade.

"Show Me Tips about Windows"" Causing High CPU Utilization in Windows 10
Go to Notifications & Actions and deselect the "Show me tips about Windows" option.

See if that helps you.

See link below for additional information

http://winsupersite....tion-windows-10

connerYule

connerYule

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Hello,

According to reports, some are experiencing some high CPU utilization after installing the Windows 10 upgrade.

"Show Me Tips about Windows"" Causing High CPU Utilization in Windows 10
Go to Notifications & Actions and deselect the "Show me tips about Windows" option.

See if that helps you.

See link below for additional information

http://winsupersite....tion-windows-10

I did that already but I saw in Task Manager system,wsappx and antimalware service are runing high sometimes.

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
Has anyone figured this out?

I've got a clean install where I'm having 100% disk utilization and it started showing symptoms while setting up a fresh install of Windows 10.

I've installed latest chipset and SATA drivers, updated firmware I the motherboard and the scan verified the latest firmware on the disk extreme pro 240GB ssd. I've disabled prefetch and a number of other services that many peoples reported was their problem. I disabled the alerts that many reported was their issue. I've done everything short of registry edits and a reinstall on another ssd to figure out the issue.

Anyone else have any other ideas? It's a fresh install straight from Microsoft store. Windows 10 professional.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

If you open the task manager, are you able to sort by disk utilization? Which process is using the highest amount of I/O?

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
That's the thing, I've done that and there aren't any processes that are utilizing the disk like that. I haven't been able to track it down. I've heard that there are issues with installs that weren't formatted. I just took a un-allocated space and installed.

I'm suspicious if this didn't properly initialize something on the ssd like a write back function or some kind of feedback control.

I'm going to attempt a new install and format a partition this time.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

If it persists following a reinstall, I would suggest starting a new thread and posting as much detail as possible

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I conducted a reinstall and it functioned like normal.  Then after a few reboots, I found that the problem came back.  I've installed on a different SSD now, and I don't have the problem, but I'm going to see if the problem resurfaces as I figure out my RAID controller issues and do a couple restarts.