Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minecraft fps help.

• Please log in to reply

KOrTRON

KOrTRON

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Computer Specs: MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219 Gaming Laptop 6th Generation Intel Core i7 6820HK (2.70 GHz) 16 GB Memory 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 8 GB GDDR5 17.3" Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Loaded: Forge 1.8.8, optifine 1.8.8 and seus shaders.

I figured with this computer I would be able to do just about anything with Minecraft. However, something seems wrong. I've looked around and most info doesn't cover windows 10 to much and most problem are about slower computers. Ive adjusted all the in game video graphics between max and min with no difference so I'm assuming its some other issue. With any heavy loading in the game the FPS drops significantly <10fps and my screen flickers black during most of this. Once it loads fully (redstone contraption finishes moving about) it goes back to a max of 60fps with the framerate in options set to infinite.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-12-07 (1).png
  • 2015-12-07.png

Advertisements

KOrTRON

KOrTRON

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

More numbers.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2015-12-07_17.41.47.png

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello Kortron,

I've never played Minecraft, but assume you're wondering about the flickering screen when it's loading something?  Does this affect your gameplay somehow?  I would think FPS/performance dropping during a load would be normal, as the machine is being taxed.  Does it load the things quickly, or stall during the load with a flickering screen for longer than "normal"?

Are your video card drivers up to date?

If [your driver(s) are up to date], perhaps confirm which piece of your hardware is bottle-necking with Performance Monitor (click the link to see how).  Keep us updated.  Good luck!

Edited by Fusionbomb, 07 December 2015 - 08:37 PM.

KOrTRON

KOrTRON

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Flickering screen longer than normal, My computer should be more than capable of handling current settings in minecraft. Ive noticed the flickering in other games i trialed (X-Com) not as bad but flickers happen ! Not exceptable.. 

Currently trying your suggestion about drivers

KOrTRON

KOrTRON

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

How can I tell if it is bottle necking? Drivers are all up to date verified from Nvidia. That is the only one I checked for sure to see if it was updated.

virtualtechie18

virtualtechie18

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

I want to play this game.