Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no wireless device found

wireless windows xp dell optiplex 740 drivers

• Please log in to reply

shaz

shaz

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Hi geekstogo people

I am having problems with  wireless on my dads computer,,,it was working fine up until maybe a month or 2 ago..he said the last thing done on it was a windows update...when he turned on computer the following day, there was no internet access...when i got on his pc, there were no internet connections at all...nothing showing in connections, no icons..when i went to device manager, it showed the yellow mark next to ethernet controllers and pci...i was able to download the drivers for the ethernet controller and it gaave me internet again..but i can only use the cable from pc to modem..still showing no wireless devices...and i havent been able to find the driver for the pci...im not sure if i got right drivers or not but i do have internet so thats a bonus...this is a dell optiplex 740 with windows xp desktop....can u please help me out

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

if it's a dell, and it originally came with the wireless, you should be able to find the wireless drivers on the dell support site.

if the wireless card was added later you'd have to identify what make/model the wireless card is.