Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 1.0.4 / Mozilla 1.7.8 Vulnerability

• Please log in to reply

Caine

Caine

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I have just stumbled across this warning on tomcoyote's site. I'll let AplusWebMaster do the talking, since he explains it very well:

http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=39247

From what I can tell, along with not having any other windows/tabs open when using a trusted site, that you should goto: tools > options > advanced > tabbed browsing > and make sure "open links from other applications in:" is not clicked on "a new window". I hope I'm understanding this correct ;) ;)

Problem is, I set it to open links in: "a new tab in the most recent window", but it refuses to change and continues to open links in a new window! :tazz: What's going wrong?

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
so your wanting to just use 1 window and wanting the pop ups to become tabs right?

Caine

Caine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Thanks Rogue for the reply. :tazz: I've sat down this evening and studied this flaw a little more, and in one of the posts in this thread at Mozillas forums, there's this link to an excellent page which outlines a solution, which extensions are recommended, and where to dl them.

I'm going to try the extension now, and I'll report back if it works using secunias test:
http://secunia.com/m...erability_test/

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
ahh so ur wanting to patch the flaw.
hmm intersting
ill find it intersting to see what the results are.

Caine

Caine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Well, here's the update so far...

I tried out an extension, which was supposed to be lighter and would just do what was necessary in this situation and little else, called TabMix. But (and I'm not exactly sure how it happened) it caused me to lose all connection to the internet. So, once I got my connection back, I uninstalled that one and tried Tabbrowser Preferences from here, and it seems to pass the secunia test! ;)

Happy Daze. :tazz:

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
what is secunia test?
nm i figured it out
i have been using
intersting :tazz: quicktabpreftoggle
if i did the test right about the content crossing from one tab to another it passed

Edited by RogueComGeek, 16 June 2005 - 08:45 PM.