Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

can i play the witcher 3,fallout 4?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts

i bought a amd a10 7800 3.5 ghz(3.9 turbo)with integraded radeon r7 card and i switched the card to a sapphire hd 7850 was told I would have no problem playing newer games

I checked youtube out an I'm still not on buying those games any help would be greatly appreciated

• PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

witcher 3 minimum specs

Minimum requirements:
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1). DirectX 11 is necessary to run the game.
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz, AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Finding a Gaming CPUs performance chart and comparing one’s CPU with our minimum is suggested.
Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660 or AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
Please mind that we only officially support full-size desktop graphics cards. Finding a graphics card performance hierarchy chart online and comparing one’s video card with our minimum is suggested.
Disk space: 40 GB

fallout 4 minimum specs

• Operating system: Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 2.8GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz or equivalent
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Hard disk space: 30 GB free HDD space
  • Video: NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

so cpu your fine but gpu is still on the weak side seeing how both games recommend a minimum hd7870 graphics card (with 2GB of memory for fallout 4.)

that doesn't mean you won't be able to play those games with your current setup but you'd probably need to use lower setting and/or a lowish screen resolution to get playable frame rates.

also please note you do need a 64bit os and quite a lot of system ram to play them too.

here's 2 videos of game play using a hd7850 graphics card with slower amd cpu than yours.

fallout 4

witcher 3

Edited by terry1966, 13 December 2015 - 01:50 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

ok thanks for the help