Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I've complete reloaded Office

Best Answer velecrihard , 19 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

t's not to difficult to move the OST from the default location to anywhere you want it Go into Tools http://www.ost.viewertool.com/ | Account Settings [A] On the Data Files tab select the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

greekgoward

greekgoward

• Pip
  • 2 posts

My outlook quickly crashes when open with an error message that the outlook.pst file as error. I've scanned it several times with Scanpst.exe and it say it's ok. I've complete reloaded Office 2007 and still the same... Any suggestions.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Hi :welcome:

Can you give more details about the error or post a screenshot?

velecrihard

velecrihard

• Pip
  • 1 posts
✓  Best Answer

t's not to difficult to move the OST from the default location to anywhere you want it Go into Tools http://www.ost.viewertool.com/ | Account Settings [A] On the Data Files tab select the data file for the account Turn off "Cached mode" on the "advanced" tab [C] Disable "Offline use" on the "offline folder" settings popup And then.... you can move the .ost (in Explorer) and reference the new location to have Outlook work with it When you've finished don't forget to re-enable "Offline use" and turn "Cached mode" back on - otherwise you'll only be able to work when connected to the remote server When you have finished this process Outlook may spend a moment re-synchronising your local data with the server, but if you have moved and used a recent OST then the process will be no longer than a normal send/receive.