Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 6.0 Browser Problems

• Please log in to reply

Snookie

Snookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently updated an older computer to XP Home. Initially everything functioned well. Several programs were added and I now discover that in spite of the correct security settings, I'm unable to access secure sites such as Logmein, a remote access site. I also can't click a link on a Yahoo home page to change my password or check my mail or change settings on my ISP's home page. I contacted the ISP and after some checking I was referred to Microsoft. The parts of that conversation which I could understand were no help. My ISP thought I should re-download Internet Explorer 6.0. I've come to far to use a restore point now without losing too much. I disabled the personal firewall but it made no difference. Any ideas on what the problem might be? I have SP1 but did try twice to install SP2...it wouldn't finish the install for me either time. I think my problem started then. I always get the error screen, page cannot be displayed. I don't want to call Microsoft again...it never helps. Any suggestions or directions would be appreciated greatly.

Advertisements