Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hsrd.yahoo.com redirect [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Lately when I click on links my browser, Firefox, will send me to a google search page with the above url somewhere in it. I have run several different scanners and it has turned up nothing. Google searches on the matter turn up things like "its homeland security spying on me" and that it is a browser hijack and to fix it I need to change my home page (which is the same as it always has been). Its annoying enough that I am coming here now, my go to place for all things computer. I ran Farbar and am attaching the two pages it output.

I am running WIn 7 64bit. If anything else is needed let me know.

Attached Files

Edited by BrianR1976, 15 December 2015 - 11:35 PM.

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks To Go! My nickname is Pystryker :) , and I will be helping you with your issue today.

Before we get started, I have a few things I need to go over with you
  • If you are receiving help for this issue at another forum, please let me know so I can close this thread.
  • Please download to and run all requested tools from your Desktop.
  • Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process.
  • At the top of your post, please click on the "Follow this topic" button and make sure that the "Received notification" box is checked and set to "Instantly" This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to solve your problem faster.
  • If any of your security programs give you a warning about any tool I ask you to use, please do not worry. All the links and tools I provide to you will be safe.
  • Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.
  • This is a complicated process. It requires several steps, patience, and careful following of my instructions in the order they are given to diagnose your problems to get your machine back in working order.
  • Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. I promise to do the same for you.
  • It is impossible for me to know what interactions may happen between your computer's software and the tools we will use to clean your machine. Therefore, I highly recommend you backup any critical personal files on your machine before we start.
  • If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question when dealing with malware.
  • If you are unsure of an instruction I give you, or if something unexpected occurs, Do NOT proceed! Stop and ask for clarification of the instruction or tell me what occurred.
  • Please remember, the fixes are for your machine and your machine ONLY! Do not use these fixes on any other machine, each fix is tailor made for your system only. Using a fix on another machine can and will cause serious damage.
  • Once we have cleaned your machine, we'll have some cleanup and prevention steps to go through. We will also provide you with some information about how to reduce your chances of infection and get some protections in place to help defend you against this in the future
  • Please be patient while I am analyzing your logs. I know you are probably scared and very frustrated with this problem, but I am a volunteer and sometimes life does get in the way. :)
Now, let's get started, shall we? :thumbsup:

Hi :)

I'm currently reviewing your logs and preparing a solution. However, I need to ask a question: Are you running a proxy server on your machine? I ask because the log is showing a proxy on your machine. Please let me know and thanks!

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Sounds good to me. I am unsure what a proxy server is exactly but I will say that I am running something in the backgrounds that pays me to run. I know it tracks my movements but I am alright with that. Unless its the cause of the above problem. If it is I will remove it.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Hello :)

Sounds good to me. I am unsure what a proxy server is exactly but I will say that I am running something in the backgrounds that pays me to run. I know it tracks my movements but I am alright with that. Unless its the cause of the above problem. If it is I will remove it.

Basically, a proxy server is another computer between your machine and the internet. All of your outgoing traffic is flowing through this machine before getting to the internet and all incoming traffic is going through it as well. Thank you for letting me know, we'll remove it in the fix. :thumbsup:

Please disable your antivirus for the duration of my instructions. Don't forget to re-enable them after you have completed the steps.

Step 1: Fix with FRST
  • Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. (To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy.
  • Right-click in the open notepad and select Paste).
  • Save it on the desktop as fixlist.txt

NOTE: It's important that both files, FRST/FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Start
CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001\...\Run: [AdobeBridge] => [X]
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
ProxyEnable: [S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001] => Proxy is enabled.
ProxyServer: [S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001] => http=127.0.0.1:49160;https=127.0.0.1:49160
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
BHO: No Name -> {E76FD755-C1BA-4DCB-9F13-99BD91223ADE} -> No File
Toolbar: HKLM - avast! Online Security - {318A227B-5E9F-45bd-8999-7F8F10CA4CF5} - No File
Toolbar: HKLM - No Name - {CC1A175A-E45B-41ED-A30C-C9B1D7A0C02F} - No File
Toolbar: HKU\S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001 -> No Name - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - No File
FF HKLM-x32\...\Firefox\Extensions: [{4642CD99-8FDF-4550-94E1-63360972C326}] - C:\ProgramData\RealNetworks\RealDownloader\BrowserPlugins\Firefox\Ext => not found
S3 btwaudio; system32\drivers\btwaudio.sys [X]
S3 btwavdt; system32\DRIVERS\btwavdt.sys [X]
S3 btwl2cap; system32\DRIVERS\btwl2cap.sys [X]
S3 btwrchid; system32\DRIVERS\btwrchid.sys [X]
RemoveProxy:
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers
CMD: netsh advfirewall reset
CMD: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
Emptytemp:
Hosts:
End

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait. The tool will make a log on the desktop (Fixlog.txt) please post it in your next reply.

Step 2: Junkware Removal Tool

thisisujrt.gif Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Step 3: AdwCleaner

Download ADWcleaner by clicking here. Please save it to your Desktop

adwcleanerscreen_zpsm6wq1ei9.jpg
  • Double click (Vista and 7 Users)right click the adwcleaner.exe file and click Run as Adminstrator and accept the UAC prompt to run AdwCleaner
  • Once AdwCleaner's control panel is open and it says "Waiting for Action", click on Options at the top of the control panel.
  • Please Check the following options:
    • Reset Proxy Settings
    • Reset Winsock Settings
    • Reset TCP/IP Settings
    • Reset Firewall Settings
    • Reset IPSec Settings
    • Reset BITS Queue
    • Reset Internet Explorer Policies
    • Reset Chrome Policies
  • Close any open windows or browsers.
  • Pause your Anti-Virus program if it is running.
  • Once it starts, click on the Scan button.
  • Let the scan complete itself. This may take a few minutes.
  • Once the scan has finished, it will say "Pending, uncheck elements you don't want to remove.", don't worry about unchecking anything and then click the Cleaning button. When finished, it will ask to reboot. Please reboot.
  • When the machine has rebooted, a log will be produced. Please copy/paste that in your next reply. Here's how:
    • Click the Logfile button and the log will open. Copy and Paste the contents of the log file into your next reply.
    This report is also saved at C:\
Step 4: Fresh FRST Scan
  • Start Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool and press the Scan button.
  • FRST will scan your system and produce two logs: FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please post them in your next reply.
Things I need to see in your next post:

Please post each of these logs as a separate reply in this thread.

Fixlog.txt Log

Junkware Removal Tool Log

AdwCleaner Log

Fresh FRST.txt Log

Fresh Addition.txt Log

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

FixLog

Attached Files

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Junkware

Attached Files

• Attached File  JRT.txt   1.3KB   216 downloads

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

ADWCleaner

Attached Files

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

FRST log #2

Attached Files

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Addition

Attached Files

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Hello :)

The logs look good, are you still experiencing the redirects? Let's run a sweep for remnants and check for any out of date programs on your machine. :)

Please disable your antivirus for the duration of my instructions. Don't forget to re-enable them after you have completed the steps.

Step 1: Scan with Malwarebytes

Start the progam and select update
Once it has updated select Settings > Detection and Protection
Tick Scan for rootkits

MBAMsettings_zpsb6b9ada0.jpg

Go back to the Dashboard and select Scan Now

mbam21-console_zpslhr5hawa.jpg

If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button, MBAM will ask for a reboot.

MBAMReboot_zps9089ab30.jpg

MBAMLog_zpsade07f42.jpg

On completion of the scan (or after the reboot), start MBAM,

Click History, then Application Logs, then check the Select box by the first Scan Log in the list and then click on the log to highlight it.

Click Export, select text file and save to the desktop as MBAM.txt and post in your next reply.

Step 2: ESET Online Virus Scan

Please note: You can use Internet Explorer or Firefox for this step.

If you use Firefox, you will be prompted to download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Please do so, then double click it to install it.

Please click on this link and then click the ESET Online Scanner bar ---->esetbar_zps93905f48.jpg
  • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on Start
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked.
  • Make sure that the option Scan archives is checked.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
  • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
  • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
  • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on Start
  • The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
  • Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan otherwise it may stall.
  • Now click on Finish
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt.
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.
Step 3: SecurityCheck Scan

Download Security Checksecuritycheck_zpsb7736812.jpg by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • NOTE: If SecurityCheck aborts and you get the following message: UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! try rebooting the system and then run SecurityCheck again.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Things I need to see in your next post:
  • ESET Scan Log
  • MBAM Log
  • SecurityCheck Log

Advertisements

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Malwarebytes

All this program did was quarantine some stuff. I removed it but the program didn't ask for a reboot so I didn't reboot it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  MBAM.txt   1.04KB   213 downloads

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

ESET

One of the things that came up here was a crack for Photoshop. I have had it for over a year and it is not the source of the issue at hand. I do not want to get rid of that.

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Security Check

I should have included it in my first reply. The issue is still happening. It happened earlier today. If I remember correctly it has happened on different browsers too. I am not 100% positive on that one but I believe it is so.

Attached Files

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

ESET

One of the things that came up here was a crack for Photoshop. I have had it for over a year and it is not the source of the issue at hand. I do not want to get rid of that.

I will be unable to help you further while you have the crack on the machine. Please see the Terms of Use that you agreed to when creating your account with us.

http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

If you wish to continue, you will need to remove the crack from your machine, run the program below, and provide the log. Otherwise, I will be unable to assist you further.

Scan with CKScanner

Download CKScanner from here.

Important: Save it to your desktop.

Doubleclick CKScanner.exe and click Search For Files.(If you have Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 please do a Right click on CKScanner.exe and select Run as Administrator.)

After a very short time, when the cursor hourglass disappears, click Save List To File.

A message box will verify that the file is saved.

Double-click the CKFiles.txt icon on your desktop and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Things I need to see in your next post

CKScanner Log

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Ok I will remove it. I wont get back with the response until Sunday though. Please do not close this up beforehand.