Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hsrd.yahoo.com redirect [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Ok I will remove it. I wont get back with the response until Sunday though. Please do not close this up beforehand.

No worries, I'll be here when you return. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

CK Files

Attached Files

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Hello :-)

The log shows the scanner was run twice, was there any particular reason it was run twice? Also, have you uninstalled the cracked Photoshop on your machine?

Please let me know, and we'll continue.:thumbsup:

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

I ran it twice because I was expecting it to actually show something. When the second one turned up the same result I went with it.  I didn't uninstall anything.

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

I ran it twice because I was expecting it to actually show something. When the second one turned up the same result I went with it.  I didn't uninstall anything.

You'll need to uninstall the Adobe Photoshop software as well, since you had a crack for it on the machine.

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Ok. It'll probably be Wednesday before I can get to this. If I get to it sooner I will post. Uninstalling Photoshop is a pain in the butt. :P

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Ok. It'll probably be Wednesday before I can get to this. If I get to it sooner I will post. Uninstalling Photoshop is a pain in the butt. :P

:thumbsup:

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Photoshop has been removed. Do I need to run any scans to prove it to you?

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Photoshop has been removed. Do I need to run any scans to prove it to you?

No need, if you say you uninstalled it, I believe you. :thumbsup:

I'm only seeing one thing in your logs of concern and that's the proxy settings seem to have returned. You said that you had a program that tracks your movement, and that wasn't a concern. Can you tell me the name of this program? Also, one of the extensions in Firefox, AdBlock Plus, has turned to the dark side so to speak. They're now accepting payment from some companies to not block their ads from showing up on your machine.

You can, however, replace it with AdBlock Edge, and get the same protection that AdBlock Plus used to offer.

Let's take a look with RogueKiller and see what it shows.

Please disable your antivirus for the duration of my instructions. Don't forget to re-enable them after you have completed the steps.

Please download Rogue Killer to your desktop

Download Link for 32 bit systems

Download Link for 64 bit systems
  • Click on Scan
  • The scan will take a short amount of time
  • Click on Report to open the log.
  • Copy and paste the content of the log in your next reply.
Things I need to see in your next post:

RogueKiller Log

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

The tracker I am using is called Points Panel, or some form of that. Rogue Killer picked it up and killed it. The other day I forgot what you had said about not downloading anything new and I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. My add-on's may be different from what older logs state. I hope that doesn't cause a huge problem. I downloaded the new ad blocker that you suggested and then ran the program. The link you gave me was bad by the way. I had to backtrack a little to get it. Here is the log.

Attached Files

Advertisements

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

The tracker I am using is called Points Panel, or some form of that. Rogue Killer picked it up and killed it. The other day I forgot what you had said about not downloading anything new and I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. My add-on's may be different from what older logs state. I hope that doesn't cause a huge problem. I downloaded the new ad blocker that you suggested and then ran the program. The link you gave me was bad by the way. I had to backtrack a little to get it. Here is the log.

Thank you for informing me about the link. That has been fixed. :thumbsup: Please re-run RogueKiller and let's get a fresh set of FRST Logs. Upon completion of these steps, please let me know if you are still experiencing the redirects.

Please disable your antivirus for the duration of my instructions. Don't forget to re-enable them after you have completed the steps.

Step 1: Re-Run RogueKiller

Please re-run RogueKiller and upon completion, remove only the entries in the quote box below. Please click on Report when it's finished and post the resulting log.

[PUM.Proxy] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings | ProxyEnable : 1 -> Found
[PUM.Proxy] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings | ProxyEnable : 1 -> Found
[PUM.Proxy] (X64) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings | ProxyServer : http=127.0.0.1:49175;https=127.0.0.1:49175 -> Found
[PUM.Proxy] (X86) HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-239473584-822298280-3168733615-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings | ProxyServer : http=127.0.0.1:49175;https=127.0.0.1:49175 -> Found

Step 2: Fresh set of FRST Logs
  • Start Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool and press the Scan button.
  • FRST will scan your system and produce two logs: FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please post them in your next reply.

Please post each of these logs as a separate reply in this thread.

RogueKiller Log

Fresh FRST.txt Log

Fresh Addition.txt Log

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Both programs run. Rogue Killer would only let me remove it was either 1 or 3 of the 4 items. One I know it didnt remove. Also when running RK my internet drops off. I dont know if that is part of the program or not, but when I am running it I have no internet to the computer. And lastly when I restarted the computer prior to this I received an error message. It was HPTouchSmartSyncCalReminderApp .exe. This was the first time I had ever seen a notification about, well whatever that is.

Attached Files

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Both programs run. Rogue Killer would only let me remove it was either 1 or 3 of the 4 items. One I know it didnt remove. Also when running RK my internet drops off. I dont know if that is part of the program or not, but when I am running it I have no internet to the computer. And lastly when I restarted the computer prior to this I received an error message. It was HPTouchSmartSyncCalReminderApp .exe. This was the first time I had ever seen a notification about, well whatever that is.

No worries on the internet dropping out, that is part of RK working. As for the error, we'll see what the log shows when posted. The FRST.txt log you posted shows no signs of malware in them at all. However, the Addition.txt log you posted was the original Addition.txt log you posted when you initially created your thread. Please delete all FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs from your desktop and we'll run FRST again. This way we'll only have the newest logs. You need only post the fresh Addition.txt log when finished.

Step 1: Fresh FRST Scan
  • Start Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool and press the Scan button.
  • FRST will scan your system and produce two logs: FRST.txt and Addition.txt. Please post only the Addition.txt log in your next reply.

Please post each of these logs as a separate reply in this thread.

Addition.txt Log

BrianR1976

BrianR1976

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

I ended up running both as I made an add-on change to Firefox last night. I know you said that AdBlock Plus wasn't that good because of questionable partnerships they had but it worked how I wanted it to and the one you suggested was not blocking ads. What sucks is AdBlock isn't blocking them either. I promise I will stop making changes between your helps.

Attached Files

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

I ended up running both as I made an add-on change to Firefox last night. I know you said that AdBlock Plus wasn't that good because of questionable partnerships they had but it worked how I wanted it to and the one you suggested was not blocking ads. What sucks is AdBlock isn't blocking them either. I promise I will stop making changes between your helps.

I would appreciate that, changes made between instructions lead to inaccurate logs. :) Are you still getting the redirects? Please let me know, and we'll continue.