Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I boost my Verizon dsl-2750b with a Nighthawk x4 ac-2350

• Please log in to reply

Jesse.Bordas

Jesse.Bordas

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm sorry for the long title I already tried posting but I think something went wrong so I'll retry. My house has horrible WiFi which of course is by Verizon, were told that we could boost our WiFi with another router and given really bare details on how to do so. Finally we bought the Nighthawk knowing Its a great router but of course the only people in the house who know how to do it well, won't. So I know a little about tech but of course I only learn by doing it and since I figure this is gonna be important to know I was wondering if anyone could give me a little help and either tell me how to do it or some sites that could? Thank you in advance

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Find the WAN port on the Nighthawk and connect it to one of the 4 LAN ports on the dsl-2750b.  Power up the Nighthwak.  Look on the Nighthawk there should be a label that has the SSID and initial password.  Probably wise to login to the dsl-2700b and turn off its wireless so it doesn't interfere but probably not required since the Nigthhawk should find a clear channel to use automatically.  .  Probably some info on the label.