Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 has hijacked my Wifi !

Win10 WiFi Net Adapters Drivers

• Please log in to reply

Leave it to beave

Leave it to beave

• Pip
  • 5 posts

After recently upgrading to Windows 10 as a lab rat for their new OS (was Win 7) all was good for three days and then no wifi. Now after some poking around with the usual diagnostics ie. checking the IP addresses, Net Bios, DHCP, TC/IPv4 and v6 properties, sharing and so forth and oh ya i even checked the radio switch like the troubleshooter suggested, and continues to be it's sole contribution to the problem. I've determined that the Task Scheduler / Manager has purposely created a task effectivly blocking my Network Adapter from powering up. My computer is a HP-Compaq 6710-b with a Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG card that has wworked fine uptil now. I've rolled back the drivers, updated the drivers all to no avail. I did however find out that Win 10 does'nt support that combination. Well i was'nt looking for support from them and the Adapter was working fine for the first three days so with some creative driver manipulation i got it to work for another 5 hrs., then the Blue touch sensitive light/switch blinks out (turns off power to card) and won't come back on. So after some queries to the MMC and the TPM i found a task wrtten out barring my Wireless adapter from firing up upon my log-on or any attempt to access it. Now I have, or Had i should say the Security Keys to the TPM, full admin rights to the Root Console in MMC and yet i can't unblock the script. I tried to find the specific task again but it seems to have dissappeared and the file history has been disabled.  So what i've noticed so far about Win 10 is that it is a highly reliant on your personal information. Almost every app that comes with it needs your contacts, location, it wants you to share your friends networks and passwords, even the weather app wants your contacts for some reason, and when you start dening these permissions and turning off apps you don't use because of the severe memory gobbling and everyone of them want your pics, music, and the rest of your media along with mike and cam access, it does'nt like it and proceeds to punish you for it. It was said you could roll back to your last OS or even rum a multiple boot system, well some how my back-ups that i made when upgrading and the two i had on an external drive somehow have become corrupt and so the rollback option is out. But not to worry i've still got a trick or two in that regard. So at the end of the day i suppose a person has to replace the Net Adapter if the manufacturers don't want to support their own computers and hardware and Microsoft doent seem in to big a hurry to provide work-arounds to their multitudes of  WIFI issues with this OS. So does any one have any ideas as to how to force the radio back on? I'll probably find the culprit instruction at some point but am getting tired of having to stay within 10 foot radius of the router in the living room if i wanna squawk at my new freinds at MS or HP about their fine products. Oh and the wifi radio seems to work fine for the apps to share my shoe size and pics of my sisters dogs with joe blow because all the toggles work for them except the main wifi toggle. Oh and the airports should be happy cuz i can turn on airplane mode when i fly off the handle. Any help would be apprieciated.

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-3C-08-A8-C0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-29-xx-xx-xx
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c833:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx%8(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.18(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, December 17, 2015 2:25:45 AM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:09:20 AM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
   DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 8389xxxx
   DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1D-F7-F8-9C-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 64.59.xxx.xx
                                       64.59.xxx.xxx
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

see if this helps.

Simply follow these steps:

1) Windows Key + X or right-click on the Windows icon and select the Command Prompt (admin)

2) Enter: sc config storsvc type= own  (note the space between = and own)

3) Reboot

from here :- http://answers.micro...827baa20?page=1

there are other things to try at that link too.

:popcorn: