Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting Notebook to Fax Machine?

• Please log in to reply

jkklau

jkklau

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Hi,

I have a notebook, Windows ME

I access internet using ADSL.

I have a printer.

How can I convert my notebook to a fax machine?

which free software is recommended?

pls assists, tks

:tazz: ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Fax and ADSL
"How can I send a fax by ADSL" is a frequently asked question.
The simple answer is that it is not possible.

The reason is that an ADSL connection may share the standard telephone wiring, however, ADSL itself is only connected to the Internet. Since a Diva ADSL modem only accesses the ADSL connection, it too is only connected to the Internet.

However, one of the main advantages about ADSL is that it runs in parallel with the ordinary analogue telephone service, and a conventional fax modem connected to the telephone port on the splitter will still work.

Alternatively, use can be made of the various Internet-based fax-sending services available on the web. (Try searching for something like "internet fax service" using your favourite search engine on the web).

jkklau

jkklau

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Fax and ADSL
"How can I send a fax by ADSL" is a frequently asked question.
The simple answer is that it is not possible.

The reason is that an ADSL connection may share the standard telephone wiring, however, ADSL itself is only connected to the Internet. Since a Diva ADSL modem only accesses the ADSL connection, it too is only connected to the Internet.

However, one of the main advantages about ADSL is that it runs in parallel with the ordinary analogue telephone service, and a conventional fax modem connected to the telephone port on the splitter will still work.

Alternatively, use can be made of the various Internet-based fax-sending services available on the web. (Try searching for something like "internet fax service" using your favourite search engine on the web).

View Post

Thank you for taking the time to my question.

Currently, I have a telephone line and an ADSL line, that runs parallel, with a splinter connected.

Using the same telephone line, if there is an incoming fax, I would like to use the notebook to receive the fax, is there any recommended software available with Microsoft ME? or better, is there any free fax software?

may thanks if u can assist