Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My PC is superlaggy ( + Taskbar somehow lags) Malware or not?

help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Salainen

Salainen

• Pip
  • 3 posts

So, hello guys. I have a big problem....    (The PC is Windows 8.1 and this problem never happened before)

Basicly, my PC lags alots... For an example, my taskbar (That bar down where you can stick google chrome and some files) has some problems, when i press the windows flag key, it just.. like.. reboots the taskbar, like, it goes blank for like half a second and than comes back, and you can use the taskbar for  few minutes and than the same problem comes..

And when you go to the.. mainscreen in windows 8 (the flag key gets u there), I cant go in any software by searching it.. I typed google in the search, and it found it, but it has no icon and when i try to get to google through the search, it wont allow.. just lags.

Its hard to explain. I think its a malware, probably even FUD? because i couldn't find any virus when i scanned with Avast. 

Any ideas?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 7,501 posts
Hi Salainen,

Welcome to GeeksToGo! :)

I do apologize for the delay in responding. You were not overlooked intentionally. The Holidays has us down to a skeleton crew.

If you still need help, I would be more than happy to help. Please go here and follow the instructions provided in Step 3 and scroll down to follow the instructions in Step 5 to post the logs in your next reply that are required for a diagnosis.

Thank you,
Donna :)

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 7,501 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Thank you,
Donna :)