Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do not want password protection when booting (Solved)

- - - - -

Best Answer Essexboy , 18 December 2015 - 07:20 AM

Try this.. It worked for me  http://betanews.com/...s-login-screen/ Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

RogerMortimer

RogerMortimer

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

I do not want to sign in with a password on startup.  How do I get rid of this feature. (I have just upgraged from Win7 where i did not sign in)

Roger Mortimer

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
✓  Best Answer

Try this.. It worked for me  http://betanews.com/...s-login-screen/

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

I suggest you to get rid of windows 10 :yes:

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday Vi-Sion,

Suggestions from all members are encouraged and welcome, but please carefully read an OPs original questions and note what others have posted.

Unfortunately this is not a solution.   Had you followed Esssexboy's link, you would see that a user log on screen requires a password, by Default since XP.   Finding an alternative solution, perhaps what you consider easer, would have been more apt. 

RogerMortimer

RogerMortimer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Try this.. It worked for me  http://betanews.com/...s-login-screen/

It worked for me too!  Many thanks.

Roger Mortimer

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Gday Vi-Sion,

Suggestions from all members are encouraged and welcome, but please carefully read an OPs original questions and note what others have posted.

Unfortunately this is not a solution.   Had you followed Esssexboy's link, you would see that a user log on screen requires a password, by Default since XP.   Finding an alternative solution, perhaps what you consider easer, would have been more apt.

u miss understand me i know that what Esssexboy shared is a solution but i'm against the whole windows 10 that's why i said get rid of windows 7 .

Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do that's the only reason why i made my suggestion.

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do that's the only reason why i made my suggestion.

Which shows you really don't understand Windows 10, really, but have bought into the hyperbole from a tiny minority about it.

Try running GlassWire under Windows 10 to see just how wrong you are, particularly if you turn off the Cortana Service (if you don't intend to use it) and including web results in your searches. Even the full system health telemetry is minimal.