Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Full Control of PC without the BS

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Am sick to death of the constant windows popping up asking me to be administrator or blocking me form making changes if not in admin mode...... such a tiresome exercise when trying to tweak my pc.

I know why they do it bit how can i hit one button and just give myself full control of my own pc without the bs?

Advertisements

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Hi ding dong,

Try putting user account controls to Never notify,once you are done what your doing I would recommend putting it back to default.

Change UAC with Control Panel

• Right click Start button in the bottom left and click Control Panel.
  • Click User Accounts to the right.
  • Click User Accounts again.
  • Click Change User Account Control Settings.
  • Drag the blue square down to Never notify and click Ok.

Change UAC with Cortana Search Bar

• Type User account into Cortana and click Change User Account Control Settings.
  • Drag the blue square down to Never notify and click Ok.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

but if I put it back to default wont that change what I just did? I disabled cortana....

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Is there no way to remove these popups?

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

You were told, quite precisely, how to get the result you're seeking in post #2 by Nyser.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I didnt understand why I was to put it back to default?

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

but if I put it back to default wont that change what I just did? I disabled cortana....

Sorry for the late reply have been busy. Changing UAC back to default will not change any of the tweaks you have done, it is recommended to put it back to default because without UAC your computer will be less secure and will allow programs to change what ever they like without you knowing.

Regarding the cortana issue, that is the reason I put 2 different methods so just follow the other method involving control panel.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

I used another method online where it shows how to do a command prompt execution on the program.....they said its risky but never said anything about the default idea......how would I do that?

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

I don't know what method you followed because you didn't link it. If you hate UAC that much you have a couple of options.

Option 1 - Turn UAC off when your tweaking and turn it back onto default when done, instructions in post 2.
Option 2 - Turn UAC off and keep it off (Not recommended).
Option 3 - Create shortcuts of your mainly used programs with task scheduler which should bypass the UAC popups (Only do this with legit programs to make it a little bit safer). I haven't used this personally but it does work, Click here for instructions.

I honestly don't see the issue, if I was tweaking my computer like you said I would simply use option 1, if you hate it that much do option 2 but your computer will be less secure.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

ok so i choose option 1...how do i return it to default?

Advertisements

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

To change UAC back to default settings follow the instructions on page 2 but instead of dragging the slider down to Never notify drag the slider up to to the 2nd spot from the top called Notify me only when apps try to make changes to my computer (default)

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

ok done...but something tells me I am still going to get popups and blocked from making changes????

Edited by ding dong, 06 January 2016 - 11:40 PM.

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Sorry meant post 2.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Nope, still getting popups....?

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

What are you trying to run / do go into as much detail as possible, please take a screenshot of the popup so I can see exactly what you are talking about.