Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems Upgrading to XP Office SPII

• Please log in to reply

pudlea

pudlea

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I am having a problem using the micosoft updates to update Office to Service Pack II. I have tried to follow Microsoft directions on there website for updating without original discs but cannot get this to work. I purcahsed the computer with Office already installed and only received a recovery disc (3 infact) but none of these have to correct file that the update requires. Any Ideas on how to get around this problem as obviously the SPII update has far better security and options.

Thanks

Pudlea

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go here for Microsoft Update which will check XP and Office

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

If you get Service Pack 3, which includes all updates, the file size for install without Office CD is 50mb plus, you should get offered this

pudlea

pudlea

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks Keith,

Seemd to work and I also got all the updates that required SPIII. Thanks again for your help. This forum is undoubtedly the best best of its type on the net.

Pudlea

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank you for the comments about the site and letting me know how it went