Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP shutdown problem

• Please log in to reply

viking777

viking777

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Ever since I installed software for my HP psc 2115 all-in-one Printer I have had a problem at shutdown, where I'm told hpoevm08.exe is not responding; so I have to End Process manually before XP shutdown completes. I tried downloading a 'fix' from HP but this doesn't work. Worked fine on Win98. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you change the drivers to XP

http://h10025.www1.h...en&cc=us&os=228

viking777

viking777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Not knowingly, meaning I just re-ran the hp installation CD supplied with the printer (disk v 2.1.0) which says it is an XP version. It looks like the full driver download offered on the link page you gave me is the same version (2.1.0) as my disk. Is it worth the 166MB download do you reckon?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Not if you have the disc with the same version, unless you have broadband and nothing else to do.

I suggested checking the driver since you mentioned 98 and it would have used different ones.

You could ask HP if they know anything, it could be the fix was duff, and it might be worth reinstalling it.

If reinstalling the fix does not work, uninstall the printer software then have a look at TuneUp Trial

http://www.tuneup.com

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag which needs a reboot, after the reboot, run Windows defragmenter then reinstall the printer software

viking777

viking777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried hp and they seem to be in a state of denial! I'll try what you suggest and get back. Thanks Keith.

Novell

Novell

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

I tried hp and they seem to be in a state of denial! I'll try what you suggest and get back. Thanks Keith.

View Post

You should uninstall all of the HP related program/drivers and reinstall it. I agree with Keith about running disk cleanup and defrag. It's not a bad idea doing disk cleanup and defrag on a regular basis.

Edited by Novell, 15 June 2005 - 10:53 PM.

viking777

viking777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, your comments noted. Thanks.

viking777

viking777

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ran disc clean up and registry cleanup. Ran reg defrag , win defrag and reinstalled hp printer software. Result: TOTAL SUCCESS. Thanks guys.
:tazz:

Novell

Novell

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Ran disc clean up and registry cleanup. Ran reg defrag , win defrag and reinstalled hp printer software. Result: TOTAL SUCCESS. Thanks guys.
:tazz:

View Post

I'm glad to hear that your computer is back to normal, maybe even better than before. Disk cleanup and defrag are a must these days.