Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im getting Blue Screen please help (Resolved)

BlueScreen Windows 7 Auto Restart

Best Answer Leroyman , 24 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for late reply. Yes this topic can be closed i got a new PC and the old one is in the dumpster Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

That is the same link as you posted before. It does not tell me how to boot from USB.

If so i missed it the 12 times reading back through it..

I have downloaded and launched the Universal USB installer.

But how do i reboot from USB?

I tried F8 F10 F12 none of which i could get it to launch my Flashdrive.

I do not even see the option to Launch from Flashdrive/USB

Edit:   I found out it's F10 to get in boot mode,

But there is first boot, second boot, third boot, and all other kinds of crap im not to sure on!

Better i wait to hear from you before i go any further.

Else i have an anchor for my fishing boat.. :D

Edited by Leroyman, 10 January 2016 - 07:39 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Your newly created Puppy flash drive need to be the first boot device, once the boot order has been changed you need to save the settings, exit and restart the computer so that it boots from your USB flash drive, the idea is to see if you can use Puppy without the computer crashing, if it does not crash it suggests that the problems that you have been having are software (Windows/driver/s) related and not due to bad hardware, another guide here

In case you are not aware, you can use Puppy to access data on your HDD and copy data from it to another source such as a second flash drive.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

When i bring up the boot menu, It says Select a Boot First Device, Options are ( Removable, Hard Disk, CDROM, Network ) out of the 4 i figured it would be Removable right? I have done that and it says "no device found" :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Removable was correct, have you checked the contents of the pen drive from within Windows.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Yes but not sure what i am looking for.. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Everything looks to be there, as an outside that your BIOS is different try the CD and the less likely HDD option.

Did you take a look at the other guide here

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Sorry for my late reply.

Family problems! :woot: 

I finally got Puppy to work.. 

But after using it 5 minutes my screen still froze like the picture i posted in reply#38 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No worries, family always comes first  :thumbsup:

You have effectively ruled Windows and pointed the cause towards a hardware issue.

Try a physical check of each stick of Ram, see my canned text below for help with this;

How to physically test your Ram, this may take some time to complete but is a more accurate test than running any software while all memory is in the board. 

The following checks require the computer case to be opened so take the following safety precautions 1st, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket  and take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case.

Have a pencil and notepad to hand.

Remove each stick of Ram and blow out the memory slots.

Insert the first stick of Ram in memory slot one, reconnect the power and in the case of a desktop computer the video to screen cable.

Power up the computer and see how it goes.

Make a note of the results.

Repeat the procedure until the first stick of Ram has been tested in each memory slot and the results written down.

Remove the first stick of Ram and put it to one side on top of a piece of paper with the number one on it for identification purposes.

Repeat the procedure with all Ram until each stick has been tested in all slots, the results written down and the sticks identified numerically.

Please note that some MBs (motherboards) will not boot unless there is Ram in slot one, in this instance check each stick in slot one and then leave a stick in slot one while the sticks are tested in the other slots, be sure to replace the stick in slot one with another so that can also be tested in the other slots.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hey Sir,

I found out  yesterday night that i had 20+ Updates that needed to be installed.  

I also found one of my drivers ( LSI PCI-SV92PP Soft Modem ) had an update which all were updated and my computer has not froze since the update.

May be coincidence, But i will see if this changed anything... I will post back before tomorrow night if i freeze again & do the RAM test you mentioned in the above post.

Which im sure i will be doing, Because my luck, it is never this simple :)

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Also to let you know, i am still here being grateful to you and your time in assisting me with my problems!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hi Leroyman,

You will hopefully be posting back saying that all is still well  :yes:

I remember you checking for updates back in your reply #17 so having 20+ updates appear is weird but wonderful if it resolves things for you.

BTW, Windows needs updating and after doing so can you please check for any updated drivers for your video chip.

I just checked and it says the only update is Microsoft Security Essentials... Last update was 12/10/15 i have some Optional updates that i can install but they are uneeded i thought... Skype which i don't even have on my computer... And language packages 

Just in case you have not created a new restore point for the new settings;

1. Open System by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

2. In the left pane, click System protection18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.

4. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.

You are welcome btw  :)

Advertisements

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hello again. Everything worked as it should have yesterday, So me being the optimist that i am, Decided to open as much as i could last night which was:

Word doccument with 18 pages of text.

Malwarebytes running a system scan.

Lightshot running to use Screen Shot.

Chrome Tab with youtube playing.

Chrome Private Browsing Tab Gaming account.

Firefox 2nd Gaming account.

Firefox Private Browsing Tab 3rd Gaming account.

Internet Explorer Facebook.

I opened up a Private browsing IE and was logging into my 4th Gaming account when all went to [bleep] and my computer restarted.. Lol

This is not to say i have a bad [bleep] computer or to brag... This was just to max out my computer to see if it would shut off or keep trucking.

So if i am able to do a third of all of this listed i am a happy camper :)

Yes i remember the reply about the updates and i hit 'Check for updates' 2-3 times that day..

Is there some reason that the updates would have been held back or delayed in my getting them?

My Computer still to this day will not create a System Restore point.

With my Windows updates it takes my PC atleast 6 hours to go through the 'Creating System Restore Point' Before it starts to install the Updates. Even after the 6+ hours it says it is still in the process of installing the updates so I restart my computer as Windows is loading it installs the updates. Same thing with Revo Uninstaller i removed it from my PC because it has to create system restore point in order to remove most programs.

I normally use Microsoft Security Essentials but after all the updates and restarting, MSE is gone from my PC and it wont let me download it again... Is there a reason behind this? Or is it just me?

It says Error code 0x80070643 please restart your computer and try again. I have restarted my computer over and over trying to install MSC and always get the same 0x80070643 error 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Wow, you most likely overloaded the network having that lot open all at once  :)

You can get the error code 0x80070643 when one software conflicts with another, quite common with AV programs.

Run Autoruns and upload the results log for us, see here (no download required)

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.

2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".

3: Click on the "Everything" tab

4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.

5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.

6: Attach to your next reply.

Guide to using Autoruns here

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Here is the Autoruns File you asked for :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Autoruns is not bad at all with only a few things that I would disable or delete, Adobe, Chrome, Driver Agent (delete this) DriverMax, Everest, Firefox, Java (delete this as it is a security risk) Speedfan.

Regarding your updates issue, I noted the following in your log;

"ose" "Saves installation files used for updates and repairs and is required for the downloading of Setup updates and Watson error reports." "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\source engine\ose.exe" "10/26/2006 3:00 PM" ""

Do the following for us

Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
In the list of services, double-click Office Source Engine.
View the option that appears in the Startup type list.
If the startup type is set to Disabled, change the startup type to Manual, to do this, click Manual in the Startup type list, click OK and your done.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I had a few Driver Agents, It would not allow me to delete them, So i just disabled them... Same with Java, I disabled it.

I went to services.msc and ran as admin, went to Office Source Engine but it was already set to Manual.. 

On the other hand, My computer was fine yesterday and the day before, But today has froze with that weird screen twice. So i need to mark and rearrange the RAM sticks, Or just deal with it? Lol