Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im getting Blue Screen please help (Resolved)

BlueScreen Windows 7 Auto Restart

Best Answer Leroyman , 24 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for late reply. Yes this topic can be closed i got a new PC and the old one is in the dumpster Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

IE had its good points but has been left behind by Chrome and FF, like you I stick with what suits me best  :)

Uninstalling FF was only temporary to see if it helps, a fresh install sometimes does with any software, below is from your latest crash dump and you can clearly see that FF is involved, before moving on can I ask if you have a dumpfile for the latest crash;

BTW, Windows needs updating and after doing so can you please check for any updated drivers for your video chip.

Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) UP Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.19045.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0384c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03a93730
Debug session time: Mon Dec 21 18:06:03.803 2015 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 2:48:43.458
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041284, A PTE or the working set list is corrupt.
Arg2: 0000000028ea2001
Arg3: 000000000001d657
Arg4: fffff70001080000

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41284

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80003917613 to fffff800038bfc40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06f6b208 fffff800`03917613 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041284 00000000`28ea2001 00000000`0001d657 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06f6b210 fffff800`038d9b29 : ffffffff`ffffffff 000fffff`ffffffff fffffa80`05784060 ffffffff`ffffffff : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4adf
fffff880`06f6b250 fffff800`038b51fb : e5700000`1ff72867 fffff680`00147510 ffffffff`ffffffff 000fffff`ffffffff : nt!MiTerminateWsle+0x29
fffff880`06f6b290 fffff800`038ac942 : fffffa80`07960900 fffff800`00000000 fffffa80`05570060 fffffa80`055703f8 : nt!MiDecommitPages+0x20b
fffff880`06f6bb20 fffff800`038beed3 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`0067e3c0 00000000`0067e3b8 fffffa80`00004000 : nt!NtFreeVirtualMemory+0x382
fffff880`06f6bc20 00000000`7740db9a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`0067e388 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7740db9a

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4adf
fffff800`03917613 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4adf

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5625815c

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4adf

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41284_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4adf

Followup: MachineOwner

Advertisements

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

How would i know how to find the latest crash dumpfile? I went to My computer, Windows, minidump file and it has todays date on the file. It says i don't have access to open that kind of file though... So i can't really open it fully unless there is another way?

To update Windows i will have to leave it downloading now and it will be done tomorrow morning. My computer takes a Really Really long time with updates, System restore points, or any thing to do with volume of a shadow copy. It has been this way for as long as i can remember now... 

I just checked and it says the only update is Microsoft Security Essentials... Last update was 12/10/15 i have some Optional updates that i can install but they are uneeded i thought... Skype which i don't even have on my computer... And language packages 

Edit: My video chip says it has the latest update installed already...?

Edited by Leroyman, 23 December 2015 - 03:41 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Same method as before;

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Not running Windows 7 myself but would have expected updates on or around the 14th of December, never mind you have checked and that is what matters.

Will wait to see if there is a fresh crash dump available for us for now, I will be going offline shortly as its getting late here and I have an early start.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Not sure what's going on.. Says 'File not found or No read permissions' 

Edit: I will keep trying to figure this out for a bit. But you don't have to wait up on me sir! 

Go to bed and you can get back with me after Christmas and New Years if you want! No rush here bud.

Thanks for your help so far.

Hope you have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year

Edit2: I have been using Chrome since i removed Firefox after you told me to remove it.

I think the reason it is not listing a Minidump file is because these last times i say "it crashed"

It was not a blue screen, It froze where only option i had was to hard reboot the PC.. So that wouldn't show as a 'Crash' Or so it would seem to me, I could be wrong? 

I also just noticed that Ccleaner removes Minidump files, Or so it has been removing them.. I unchecked the 'Remove Minidump Files folder' So maby next time i will have some files to look at.. 

Edited by Leroyman, 24 December 2015 - 11:10 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Hope you have a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year

Thank you Leroyman and likewise best wishes to you and yours  :)  :thumbsup:

Edit2: I have been using Chrome since i removed Firefox after you told me to remove it.

I think the reason it is not listing a Minidump file is because these last times i say "it crashed"
It was not a blue screen, It froze where only option i had was to hard reboot the PC.. So that wouldn't show as a 'Crash' Or so it would seem to me, I could be wrong? 

You are correct in that crash dumps are only produced if Windows itself crashes, what you describe has two possible causes, overheating and an item of hardware that has issues, a flaky PSU falls into both categories as a bad one can also cause overheating.

I suspect that you may not have any more Windows related crashes and would now suggest that we take a look at your temps and voltages, please do this when you are able to and no rush on our behalf, family and friends come first and especially at this time of year  :yes:

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi again phillpower2 

Hope you had a nice Christmas with your loved ones and either got some good things or seen some smiling faces ♥

I have been off and away from my computer for 2 days, I left it on and running hoping to get some sort of crash or freeze.. But I turned on my screen about 20 minutes ago and everything was exactly the way it was supposed to be.

Good and Bad news.... Lol 

Hopped to present you with some mini dump files or some kind of news on the behavior of my PC...  But i have nothing to give :(

How would you like to go about checking the temps and voltages? With Speccy again, or is there a more efficient method/Program?

Again no rush!!!

Edit: Chrome is such a crappy browser for me! I try to play games and it acts up, like it has bugs where as with my old Firefox i never had this problem! With Chrome it seems like every other game i get this Bug thing that moves my mouse around and hits balls on its own! So annoying!!! 

What will it take for me to install Firefox back on here? Remove all data from previous browser and install new copy from Firefox Website?

Edited by Leroyman, 29 December 2015 - 04:03 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello Leroyman,

A quiet Christmas for me but did see the little ones smiling face when he was opening his presents  :) hope yourself and the family had a nice time  :thumbsup:

I have been off and away from my computer for 2 days, I left it on and running hoping to get some sort of crash or freeze.. But I turned on my screen about 20 minutes ago and everything was exactly the way it was supposed to be.
Good and Bad news.... Lol 

Did I not suggest as much in my reply #20 that you may not get any further crashes  :P it is good news btw as it does suggest that FF was the issue, will come back to this below.

How would you like to go about checking the temps and voltages? With Speccy again, or is there a more efficient method/Program?

Please take expanded screenshots and only use the method below to attach them.

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Edit: Chrome is such a crappy browser for me! I try to play games and it acts up, like it has bugs where as with my old Firefox i never had this problem! With Chrome it seems like every other game i get this Bug thing that moves my mouse around and hits balls on its own! So annoying!!! 

What will it take for me to install Firefox back on here? Remove all data from previous browser and install new copy from Firefox Website?

Post the HWMonitor and Speedfan screenshots for us.

Create a new restore point.

Uninstall Chrome.

Reinstall FF and test.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Yes thank you i had a nice Christmas! Thanks for asking.. Im glad you had a nice time as well..

Yes you explained yourself perfect in the post #20 but i had not checked your post yet. as i was just turning my screen back on and that is when i hopped for some files to give you :)

Holly Molly that was some mind blowing stuff to take a screenshot! Haha I use Lightshot for my screenshots its much more simple :D But was not sure if it saved as jpg so i followed your directions but almost had a brain melt down! :)

Next issue is, Ugh i can NOT create a restore point. My computer will not Create a new restore point. It comes back after 20 - 30 minutes and says the volume of a shadow copy has timed out or something to that matter.. It has been this way for quite some time now.. Is their another way i can go about doing this, Or would that be a must in my case?

Edited by Leroyman, 30 December 2015 - 12:40 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Apologies for the late reply, due to having no internet connection for a couple of days and not me off meandering somewhere else  :no:  

Yes thank you i had a nice Christmas! Thanks for asking.. Im glad you had a nice time as well..

Glad to hear it  :)

Create a new restore point.
Uninstall Chrome.
Reinstall FF and test.

Have you done this, if yes, any further crashes.

Holly Molly that was some mind blowing stuff to take a screenshot! Haha I use Lightshot for my screenshots its much more simple  :D But was not sure if it saved as jpg so i followed your directions but almost had a brain melt down!  :)

Some of the reported voltages are off, the +5V being the most obvious + you have high CPU usage for a computer that is not under any load.

Next issue is, Ugh i can NOT create a restore point. My computer will not Create a new restore point. It comes back after 20 - 30 minutes and says the volume of a shadow copy has timed out or something to that matter.. It has been this way for quite some time now.. Is their another way i can go about doing this, Or would that be a must in my case?

Please see my canned text below;

To see if this is a Windows issue download then run the All in One Repair from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hello :) No problem! I know how having no internet is...  :upset:  

I am glad you gotten it back though..

"Create a new restore point,"   For my computer it is like asking a stranger for $1,000 dollars....Not gonna happen! Lol

"Uninstall Chrome,"  It is my only Certain way onto the internet for now, Being as Firefox is still unsteady.   :(

"Reinstall FF,"  I have done this multiple times also deleted from my computer anything firefox related  besides Registry. But all comes back with same unstable browser causing it to crash.. (Makes weird design on my screen all over screen)

Firefox will not crash for 18 - 24 hours then it either freezes on what page i am on, Or it displays a screen of weird symbols. Like:

~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~

~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~

~~~ ~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~

I will try to see if i can manage to go through the steps correctly and do a clean boot to try and run that windows tool.

Edit: Ok i have completed the windows Repair. It said i made a restore point...Not sure where it saved to but it did. It listed 43 item's to be fixed all got fixed or so i think... This tool Was kind of vague so not to sure about its doings...

I tried to create a system Restore Point after it was done Manually by going into System protection but it was unsuccessful.. ((Taking 4 everrrrrr))

Edited by Leroyman, 31 December 2015 - 08:02 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello Leroyman,

"Create a new restore point,"   For my computer it is like asking a stranger for $1,000 dollars....Not gonna happen! Lol

I tried to create a system Restore Point after it was done Manually by going into System protection but it was unsuccessful.. ((Taking 4 everrrrrr))

Suggests an issue with Windows, we can help you check this but you may need your installation media to do so, this in the event that a repair of Windows needs to be done that requires data from the installation disk.

"Uninstall Chrome,"  It is my only Certain way onto the internet for now, Being as Firefox is still unsteady.    :(

One other thing that can often affect internet access is the AV protection, try uninstalling MSE and installing Avast (free) to test, Avast! free Antivirus to the bottom left here

Edit: Ok i have completed the windows Repair. It said i made a restore point...Not sure where it saved to but it did. It listed 43 item's to be fixed all got fixed or so i think... This tool Was kind of vague so not to sure about its doings..

Any repair logs should be found in C:\ Program Files\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs\

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi, 

I removed Microsoft essentials and downloaded Avast.

I installed Revo Uninstaller and did a deep cleaning and removal of Firefox. Removed all registry items and all from my PC. Was not sure it was going to work because Revo has to Create a restore point in order to proceed. I left it 'Uninstalling' for 8 hours and it completely removed Firefox from my system.... :D

I do not have the Disc to reinstall my windows nor do i have a activation key,

If all this does not work.

I will have to go buy a new copy of windows 7 and start over fresh.

But would really rather not have to because that would put me buying a new PSU, A new Optical Drive and also the OEM Windows Disc.

So im going to hope i don't have to do all of this.. Fingers Crossed :)

Will install Firefox & Uninstall Chrome and let you know a little later how things are going..

I don't know exactly what files you were talking about so i took a screen shot of the list. Tell me which one and i will upload it as well.. Or will i need to do the Zip folder deal again to let you see all of them? 

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to assume something and it be wrong..

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello Leroyman,

I removed Microsoft essentials and downloaded Avast.

I installed Revo Uninstaller and did a deep cleaning and removal of Firefox. Removed all registry items and all from my PC. Was not sure it was going to work because Revo has to Create a restore point in order to proceed. I left it 'Uninstalling' for 8 hours and it completely removed Firefox from my system....  :D

Acknowledged  :thumbsup:

I do not have the Disc to reinstall my windows nor do i have a activation key,

Use Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder (free) from here to get your OS details, write them down and store them in a safe place, disclose them to no one and certainly never post them on any forum etc.

Will install Firefox & Uninstall Chrome and let you know a little later how things are going..

No problem.

I don't know exactly what files you were talking about so i took a screen shot of the list. Tell me which one and i will upload it as well.. Or will i need to do the Zip folder deal again to let you see all of them? 

Don`t worry about this for now, wait and see how the computer behaves first please.

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to assume something and it be wrong..

Never worry about asking any amount of questions, it is the right thing to do and far safer than guessing  :yes:

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi,

Firefox Froze again. I had to hard restart..

When my computer restarted it took 10 minutes for my desktop and taskbar to show up..? This is not normal!!

When i could not see my desktop or taskbar i used ctrl, alt, delete and brought up task manager, I was using 100% CPU and it was an Avast Sercurity update that was hogging up my CPU. ???

I have used Multiple Password finders in the past and all find an incorrect key. (Key Code Does not work)

My windows and Microsoft Office both Show up as invalid keys.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Go back to Chrome and MSE please.

I have used Multiple Password finders in the past and all find an incorrect key. (Key Code Does not work)
My windows and Microsoft Office both Show up as invalid keys.

Please explain what you mean as in what tells you that the keys are incorrect, when would the product codes not work and where do both keys show up as invalid.

Windows 7 Enterprise was mass installed on brand name computers, was it pre installed on yours, if not, who installed it and how.

Can you tell us what version of Office you are using, if it was pre installed on the computer and if not who installed it and how.

It is possible that both codes are correct and that you may only need to manually activate the codes if you ever have to do a fresh install.