Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im getting Blue Screen please help (Resolved)

BlueScreen Windows 7 Auto Restart

Best Answer Leroyman , 24 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

Sorry for late reply. Yes this topic can be closed i got a new PC and the old one is in the dumpster Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hello again,

I did not hear anything from my ISP. So i called them today. They put on hold and i talked to everyone in the office at least twice. Still did not get the answer i was looking for, So i told them i will continue to call every day until someone tells me some thing about my refund.

On another note, I have done alot of thinking... I will have to wait 3-4 weeks but i have put together a list of PC parts, That i will be buying and just throwing this computer in the closet..

When you get some time and you are not busy, Will you look through this list and give me your thoughts?

I have Everything i think i need besides My OS and my Monitor.

The Monitor i have a 39'' LED t.v i just bought 4 months ago so i will just use it as my screen.

The OS i don't know, I like Windows 7,

But do you suggest me staying with Windows 7? Or going to Windows 8, or Windows 8.1?

Or would that just be up to me?

I like the simple windows 7  

I guess because im use to it...

http://www.ebay.com/...jIAAOSwT~9Wj~bz

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fyNsqs

The Processor i can over clock it from 3.2GHz  to 4.8GHz..  It is a Dual core which is nothing fancy but double what i have ever had and my best bet for price and speed.

The MB i can eventually add 16GB of ram in the future, But for now 8gb is plenty :)

The HDD, I have thought and thought. SSD is nothing spectacular for me. 5-6 seconds faster Whoop Dee Do... Haha But later i can still add a SDD for my OS if need be..

The Case Looks nice, Not what i first picked But oh well.. 

The PSU i went ahead and went with a 600Watt that way i wont be replacing it later on.

The Optical Drive i went with a Samsung DVD/CD writer 48X it will just be like the reviews say, Used once to install OS and then never used again :P

So yea,

Tell me what you think of my list. 

Edited by Leroyman, 30 January 2016 - 08:06 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Leroyman,

Good luck with your ISP, they will hopefully get fed up sooner rather than later and refund your cash.

Some of the items on your parts list are ok but not others, CPU, PSU and optical drive are ok but the other items need reconsidering, there is no way on earth that any of us can give hands on opinions for every item of hardware out there so we use resources such as the Newegg Feedback information to help us make a better informed upgrade suggestion, please do the same for the MB, case and video card and you will see why I would not recommend any of them.

The Ram is not compatible with your present parts list but was not mentioned above due to the fact that the Ram could well be compatible with a better MB, if not, it can be changed later.

Regarding the OS disc, are you aware of how the deal works;

You will receive the DVD and License key in accordance with the Software Licensing rights of Microsoft. As such your item will be shipped with the original PC; a Dell E6400, which still has the original motherboard but is damaged beyond economic repair.

Will see what I can come up with parts wise for around the same budget.

NB: Keep in mind that the bigger the screen the better the video card needs to be and for screens larger than 32" an add on video card with 2GB of VRam is best, 128-bit as a minimum but 256-bit would be better for gaming and HD video playback.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi again phillpower2

My ISP has no other option but refund my money.. I can be an annoying bugger if it comes down to it... Lol ;)

I understand that you phillpower2 have not had or used every part i listed..

I just meant, Like: "hey man that part looks good for the price" or: "How can someone sell that part to the public It is 12 years old and not to mention the bandwidth it produces.."

The MB can you tell me why it was a bad choice? That way, i know what it is, im looking for..

I have 2 other MB's picked out and saved, Just don't want to seem like a Complete Retard!!!  

Id rather come off as a semi retard... :P

The Ram was picked out by Pcpartspicker as one of the Ram that would work with that MB..Lol never the less though, If i am changing MB i will change Ram as well no problem.

I am at a complete loss of words for your quote about the OS...

I know that i need a OS and i know that i need the key to that OS in order for it to work if that is what you meant???

The screen was a late night thought, 1st thought i had when i remembered i also needed a screen. Yea the more i thought about it, The more it sounded like a fools choice. I will go with a 22'' - 24'' Screen and keep the 39" T.V in the spare bedroom where it belongs :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Leroyman,

I understand that you phillpower2 have not had or used every part i listed..

I made a point of mentioning that so others that may read your thread will understand how we arrive at a decision on what to suggest.

The MB can you tell me why it was a bad choice? That way, i know what it is, im looking for.

Not the best of brands + take a look at the Newegg feedback.

The Ram was picked out by Pcpartspicker as one of the Ram that would work with that MB

From your PCPartPickers list;

Compatibility Check: See notes below.

I am at a complete loss of words for your quote about the OS...
I know that i need a OS and i know that i need the key to that OS in order for it to work if that is what you meant???

Nope, I was refering to the following;

your item will be shipped with the original PC; a Dell E6400, which still has the original motherboard but is damaged beyond economic repair.

Leroyman parts list the add on video card will work with your 39" TV as long at it has a compatible port.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hello again, 

It has been awhile since i posted back.

I have been looking online and doing some research,

I noticed a few days ago that my computer was taking quite a long time to load any page.

So i opened up Task manager and realized i was using 100% CPU

it would not go down. always sitting at 100%

So i made some searches and found that the service that was using the large amount of CPU was (svchost.exe) there appear to be 2 - 4 of them in my Task Manager, But one of them i end process and it will bring my CPU back to 0% - 2%

Upon opening a few tabs or new windows it goes right back to 100% CPU and the same svchost.exe is the main culprit.

So my search has lead me to believe that i could have a Virus/Malware on my PC.

Previously my computer would restart itself every 20 - 30 minutes when in use. Not Set times, Just a random number i came up with...

After reading about svchost.exe i downloaded Rogue Killer and ran it.  Which came up with around 20 registry & Browser options that i could delete.

I deleted every option it gave me and restarted my PC, After it was restarted and up to running again, I put the biggest Test & Strain on it i could. I had so much stuff open and running trying to make my computer shut off. But after 12+ hours i gave up closed everything and went to bed.

Woke up the next day came in here and started doing some work on my computer, This is where it restarted itself but when i say restarted itself, I mean it was a black screen but looking down at my Computer i waited for the power light to go off but it never did, the fan inside the PC never went off, It was like it restarted itself but at the same time everything was still running. I know i am not crazy because since time, It has done this 3 - 4 times now. It says its restarting but everything is still running and on, (power supply, Fan)

So should i go into the virus section of this forum and see what they can come up with, Or, What should be next for me to try?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Rogue Killer

Should only be used by those who know how or under the supervision of a person that does.

Sorry but we need a bit of clarification regarding the following;

Woke up the next day came in here and started doing some work on my computer, This is where it restarted itself but when i say restarted itself, I mean it was a black screen but looking down at my Computer i waited for the power light to go off but it never did

Are you saying that you were using the computer when the screen went black, that the PSU and case fans keep running and that you now have a Windows is restarting message on a constant loop.

JAFYI: You will always find many instances of svchost.exe running in Windows, they too should be left alone unless suitably qualified to deal with them or are being guided by another person that is.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I just came to the point where if i mess something up on this PC then so be it. That is why i used Rogue Killer and deleted all it found.. :) 

Yes i was using my computer when it came up with the black screen,  as for the constant loop it does it often but not as much to say it was a constant loop. 

I just figured that when i used Rogue Killer and went so long without any shut offs or restarts it had something to do with something that i removed.

With the restarting and all inside my PC sounds to still be running, The way i seen it is, It is not my PSU or my CPU because to me if those were the things to fail they would shut off and come back on or so it seems.

With ending the process for (svchost.exe) i have to do this in order for the page i am trying to open to fully open, I open a new tab and click/Enter my website in the address bar but it just keeps spinning, Never going to the link, when i close the svchost.exe it goes to the desired page within seconds.

I have closed stuff in my process manager before and all i did was restart my computer if something went wrong. Because all i am doing is ending the process for the time being.

Not saying your wrong! I know its bad to do this and i never do it unless making a search for awhile of what this item is doing in my PC.

I still find this hard to believe that me running Rogue Killer and it acting as like a duct tape on my problem. Leading me to think that what i have is malware related.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Sorry but should have also asked if the computer will boot into Windows at all.

Understand that computer problems can be stressful but honestly imo it is always better to ask for help rather than fly blind, your computer and your call in the end though.

With the restarting and all inside my PC sounds to still be running, The way i seen it is, It is not my PSU or my CPU because to me if those were the things to fail they would shut off and come back on or so it seems.

If the CPU was bad yes but a flaky PSU no, see my canned text below;

As a PSU puts out various voltages +3.3V, +5V and +12V it may appear that the PSU is working correctly but it is not, any significant drop of any output can prevent the system from booting up, the other scenario is a significant increase in the output which can be worse as it can fry one or more major components such as the MB, CPU, Ram, add on video card etc.

Let us know the answer to my question above and we will go from there, possibly by redirecting you to the malware staff.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Ok I spoke to soon. I installed some windows updates and removed a desktop recorder I recently installed and now my computer won't start windows. It gives me the option to use a windows self repair thing. But that does nothing. Blue screen says windows can not start error code 0x000000000 or something like that

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Have you tried Safe Mode and/or using a system restore point.

Advertisements

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Have tried safe mode and safe mode with networking. Both do not go anywhere. System restore has not worked on my computer in forever so I don't have any restore points unfortunately

Edited by Leroyman, 12 February 2016 - 12:57 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

What about Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

You may need Windows 7 media to fix this, info on the error here

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
"Start the computer using windows instalation media" is that using a windows 7 instalation disc? I have tried safe mode with command prompt but it gives the same blue screen error

Edit: would there be a way for me to clear the boot cache using command prompt in the system recovery options?

Edited by Leroyman, 12 February 2016 - 01:44 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
"Start the computer using windows instalation media" is that using a windows 7 instalation disc? 

Yes, or an ISO on a USB stick as an alternative.

I have tried safe mode with command prompt but it gives the same blue screen error

Edit: would there be a way for me to clear the boot cache using command prompt in the system recovery options?

Even if you could it is beyond my ability to guide you, no command prompt available in any event is there.

It is worth checking that all your internal connections are secure, SATA cables etc and that your Ram is seated securely, as said you will most likely need Windows media to fix this.

Leroyman

Leroyman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Ok, The quickest way around this whole ordeal..?
A new hard drive,
A new OS,
The reason I ask this is because the media disk or USB I think will be impossible seeing as I only have the one desktop and it being incapacitated at the time.