Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Components

• Please log in to reply

TehClick

TehClick

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello guys, I have a gaming pc and am looking to upgrade it.

My current stats are 

• 3.5GHz AMD FX-6300 6-Core CPU
  • MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard
  • AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB Graphics Card
  • 1TB (1000GB) Sata III Hard Drive
  • [AMD] 8GB Patriot 1600MHz DDR3
  •  
  •  

Now I am looking to upgrade this and I would like to know by swapping out my current parts for these 

http://pcpartpicker....n970g1gaming4gd--- Gtx 970 windforce

http://pcpartpicker....u-fd9590fhhkwof----- fx -9590

If I was to swap out my current cpu and gpu for them 2 parts would everything still be compatable in my system

Questions

Everything still compatable?

Would anything bottleneck

Would It be worth it?

Much of a performance boost?

Is the motherboard okay for this setup and does it affect performace.

Thank you can you please reply asap.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

:welcome:   TehClick,

You cannot use an FX 9590 in that MB as the board does not support it, the max TDP (thermal design power) for the board is 125W whereas the FX 9590 requires 220W, see compatibility tab here for the max CPU that the board will support.

The FX 9590 requires liquid cooling, were you aware of this, is your case compatible with a liquid cooling set-up.

Good choice of video card but will it fit in your case and is your PSU powerful enough to support it.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I was not aware of the liquid cooling.

I am in a very tight situation.

I have a budget of 5-600 euros and I need to get a new gpu cpu and motherboard pretty much.

I want to get excellent performance, so can you linnk me a few parts

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

We can help you select a list of parts but we need to know the following;

What type of Windows disk do you have OEM or full retail, this is important because if it is the OEM type it cannot be reused with a new MB.

What are the brand and model name or number of your computer case and PSU (power supply unit)

In which country will you be purchasing the parts.

Polite reminder;

Tip
To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I dont know specifics im not very good but search up a vibox warrior se 4 and that is what im working off

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Is this your model of computer here

Who installed Windows on your computer yourself or did you pay extra for it to be installed by the merchant that sold you the computer.

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Is this your model of computer here

Who installed Windows on your computer yourself or did you pay extra for it to be installed by the merchant that sold you the computer.

I got a local expert to install windows 7 for me. It says windows 7 genuine copy or something

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Most likely OEM then and meaning that you will need to purchase a new licence for Windows if you upgrade the MB, one quick way to check;

Right-click My Computer and select Properties.  Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find the Product ID.  

The Product ID should be in the form xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx.  What are the 3 characters in the second group (if those 3 characters are OEM, then you have an OEM version).

Is there some reason why you will not answer this  :(

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Most likely OEM then and meaning that you will need to purchase a new licence for Windows if you upgrade the MB, one quick way to check;

Right-click My Computer and select Properties.  Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and find the Product ID.  

The Product ID should be in the form xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx.  What are the 3 characters in the second group (if those 3 characters are OEM, then you have an OEM version).

Is there some reason why you will not answer this  :(

I deeply appologise I was focusing on the other questions xD umm which ever country I can preferably somewhere cheaper to ship and currency exchange rate for ireland 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

UK is probably the best to ship from then.

Have you done this yet, if yes, what did it show.

Advertisements

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

UK is probably the best to ship from then.

Have you done this yet, if yes, what did it show.

its oem

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

As I suspected and means that you would also need a new Microsoft licence key if you upgrade the MB I`m afraid.

Alternative upgrade path, upgrade the CPU to the best that your present MB can handle, upgrade the video card to the one you originally mention the GTX 970 and upgrade your present 500W PSU to one that will support the GTX 970 at your link, this gets you away from liquid cooling and the need to purchase a new licence for Windows. 

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

As I suspected and means that you would also need a new Microsoft licence key if you upgrade the MB I`m afraid.

Alternative upgrade path, upgrade the CPU to the best that your present MB can handle, upgrade the video card to the one you originally mention the GTX 970 and upgrade your present 500W PSU to one that will support the GTX 970 at your link, this gets you away from liquid cooling and the need to purchase a new licence for Windows. 

A new windows aint a problem for me

Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Motherboard
4.5GHz Intel Core i5 6600K Quad Core CPU *Overclocked*
Cooler Master Hyper 412S Cooler

would that system be good as [bleep]?

or a
i5-4440
ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97

Edited by TehClick, 20 December 2015 - 05:05 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Hope you don't mind me butting in.

We can help you select a list of parts but we need to know the following;

What are the brand and model name or number of your computer case and PSU (power supply unit)

If your computer is the Warrior 4 SE, please confirm. 

You have not told us about the PSU.   Your build may have shipped with the Integrator 500W by Aerocool > http://www.aone.co.u...?ProductID=4523

If that is installed, it may not support the GTX 970 which requires one 6-pin and one 8-pin external power connectors and recommended 550W.

Before upgrading parts we must have the PSU details or you could end up with an inoperable  GPU. 

Please open the case and give the details for the PSU that is presently installed. 

Your existing RAM is not compatible with the MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Motherboard, you will need new DDR4 RAM.

TehClick

TehClick

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i5-4440
ASUS Z97-A LGA 1150 Intel Z97

I am going with this and my psu is 500w with 6pin but 2 additional pins for an 8 pin