Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First no boot now appcrash for everything after win7 reinstall HELP

• Please log in to reply

DamianSicks6

DamianSicks6

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Alienware aurora from 09-10. So a friend gave me a cd of a music program to try and it was working fine for awhile but the other day it crashed so I tried killing the process in taskmanager with no luck so i did a restart and then windows refused to boot after that. It would take me straight to the startup repair everytime with no luck after repair, safemode and no access to recovery options even with win7 disk boot. I figured that some virus or malware had gotten in so I installed windows on another drive in my pc and rescued any important files and then figured I would just go with the new install of win7 then it happened APPCRASH on every install attempt of programs! Antivirus, nvidia drivers, web browser...just everything. I then decided to format original C drive (both partitions) and do a clean install. Well same issue is happening and im going crazy. I have tried most of the fixes I have found on my search, DEP, install updates, install all drivers, sfc scannow etc and nothing is working. Please if someone can help me somehow I would be so grateful, I have run out of options and my PC is my everything.

Just to recount in case my ramble caused confusion:

1. Installed and used music making program from friends dvd that worked fine for awhile

2. Said program freezes so i try to end process in taskmanager with no luck

3. Reboot to resolve issue

4. Since that reboot win7 wont boot, takes me to startup repair everytime

5. Startup repair fails, safemode wont work as well as recovery even with win7 disk boot

6. Install win7 on different drive in pc to rescue important files from C drive

7. Appcrash for every program i try to install on new drive including antivirus, nvidia drivers, web browser

8. Format both partitions on original C drive and then new win7 install

9. Same appcrash issue as before on this drive

10. Try every fix i can including DEP, sfc scannow etc

11. Out of options and going crazy

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

After you clean install Win 7, did you install SP1 then all updates? There are 190 or so updates on top of SP1. Don't install any software or restore any of your data until all that is done.