Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE help me with this mess!

• Please log in to reply

bwhitehorne

bwhitehorne

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello all,

So I finally upgraded to a new computer from my 2009 model Toshiba running Win 7 64 home premium. Because I am a nice guy, I want to give the old computer, which still works perfectly fine, to my little sister. Last night I sat down to do a clean install of Windows on the computer and several hours later I ended up only being able to boot a German version of Windows AND it cant find the driver for my wireless adapter, so I cant use the internet to download a language changing program. So here's what I did:

I downloaded the Win 7 ISO's from this site: http://mirror.coreno...vercontent.net/

I downloaded this exact ISO: de_windows_7_home_premium_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_676536.iso

Before I did that I used Produkey to find my Windows Product key.

I then used Rufus to load the ISO on to my 16gb thumb drive. So now I had a good USB install disk, and a valid product key.

So I rebooted the computer, entered boot manager, booted up from my thumb drive, and chose to install the new version of windows on my existing HDD. HOWEVER, once i got to the point of setting up my clean windows install, IT ONLY ALLOWED ME TO CHOOSE GERMAN AS THE LANGUAGE. So naturally I assumed that once i finished the install i'd be able to change the language, so I used google translate to get through the install and low and behold, it is no easy task to change the language in Home Premium. So i did some more reading and found that I could download a program called Vistalizator to change the language. Great! But when I tried to access the internet to download said program, the computer would not connect to the internet because the wireless network adapter driver could not be found. I can also not figure out how to boot up my other version of WIn 7 that i was running. Is it still there? Or did it get overwritten when I installed the new version of the same HDD?

What I would like to do is start completely over. I want to install a brand new clean Windows 7 in ENGLISH and remove all other version of the operating system. If anybody could help me do that, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello bwhitehorne, if i did understand you right, you want to wipe everything from your pc and make a fresh install of windows 7.
i suppose you now have an english version, so make a bootable cd or usb of windows 7 english version, restart your pc, go to boot manager, select boot from cd or usb depends on how your installing the OS.
When the installaion begins , after accepting the license term ,you get to choose what type of installation you want.
Choose custom instalation, a window with the partitions appear:

1.Select the hard drive from the list of hard drives .
2.Click drive options (advanced).
3.Click format from Drive options.

After formating the partition instal ur fresh new OS on this partition.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

There is only one site where you can be assured of getting a genuine ISO download, and that's Microsoft.   I recommend you start again with the correct ISO.

https://www.microsof...wnload/windows7

If you are not 100% sure about burning to bootable media, use the Microsoft one, > http://www.microsoft...ol#installation.

Good luck.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

The web site he downloaded from is good. There is nowhere you can get a OEM ISO for Windows 7 from Microsoft. All the ISOs stored on that site have been validated via MD5 and SHA1 hashes.

The folks at sevenforums.com have allowed us to refer people there. This is the first thing you see when you go to that site:

:0: the only difference between digitalriver and technet is the _naming_, nothing else!
:1: if you can provide missing isos - contact me @ technet -ett- coresec.de
:2: please VERIFY md5/sha1-sums after each download (msdn-links containing proof of sha1-sums are linked behind each iso)
:3: the isos are provided as is
:4: if you want to rsync my archive - contact me @ technet -ett- coresec.de
:5: if you're a microsoft representative, please dont be pissed, i just help your customers where you leave 'em in the dark (i do not provide keys here!), thank you!

So far MS has not shut them down or requested them to cease and desist.