Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Certain Windows 10 applications not opening on Surface Pro 3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Vadicta

Vadicta

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey there,

I recently upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10, and now I can't seem to open any of the apps that I have gotten through the Windows Store on 8, or Settings, or Internet Explorer Edge, or even their Customer Support app. It seems like the majority of my applications are just non-functioning, and I'm not sure why. Things like Chrome, Audacity, and Microsoft Word open just fine, though. However the pre-installed Microsoft Office app will not open. It seems like all of this happened after I decided to opt out of turning on tablet mode. Now, I can't even access settings to turn tablet mode back on.

Help!

Thanks!

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi :welcome:

Lets run a System Check...

Press windows8_key.png + X and click Open Command Prompt (Admin)
type:

sfc /scannow

If everything is OK it should say something like "No integrity violations found" or that Windows found errors and correct them.

If it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" or that didn't fix all the errors them do this:

type first:

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

second:

dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth