Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

internet browsers pop open by themself! [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

reach1

reach1

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

running kubuntu fresh install. was running lubuntu. firefox web browsers keep popping up over and over. makes it neer impossible help.

Advertisements

reach1

reach1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

It seems like the problem is not as bad after rebooting or at least right now.

I got this malware by trying new linux os and making the mistake of not installing upgrades before using web browsers. I thought it would fix itself when I installed a new os. I originally got this it on a fresh install with no upgrades. At that time all my browsers would just randomly load my homepage. I installed Xubuntu and upgrades and now FF browsers open up even if i am offline.

Anyway I don't know what are good anti malware programs I could use first to try and fix this or if this is a good site to go to for linux support.

reach1

reach1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Solved

http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=2307290

BrianDrab

BrianDrab

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,583 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.