Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Odd error message using Yahoo email

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Using Yahoo email on Firefox on my W8.1 pc (something I have been doing for months) I got this odd message today when I hit SEND on a perfectly vanilla message to a friend.

"Unable to send message

To prevent abuse, your message cannot be sent now. If the message contains only a link, please add some text to it. This helps us fight spam. If it still can't be sent please modify the message or try again later. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Can someone tell me WHAT is going on? I have never seen that before. ..... batpark

Advertisements

agricola

agricola

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am using Windows 7 and have tried on both Firefox and IE. Right now, Yahoo is not letting me send any emails at all. I get that message no matter what my outgoing mail looks like. Clearly something is broken in their servers. If anyone knows how to contact them (a bit difficult when you can't send email), please post that information here.

cwh

cwh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having the same problem. Apparently over 800 other people are having the same problem today. I wish someone would post a solution.

Stormy

Stormy

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Same problem and their email support page is no help.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

The problem seems to have been fixed, at least for me. It was comforting to learn that the glitch was not mine.

That fishy error message about preventing abuse ; can anyone explain that?

I agree with Stormy about the general uselessness of Yahoo support. If any GtGers who use Yahoo have found a better way to get better help, I'd be glad to learn of it. Maybe we should all use a common term in our posts. Say, "YAHOO Mail support: xxxxxxxx"?

ronaldmaustin

ronaldmaustin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have found that this error has coincided with a message in my e-mails saying my yahoo e-mails are being scanned with Avast.  Which I use.  Is anyone using a very recent version of Avast?  Or is yahoo using its own version of Avast?  Maybe the ad for avast being sent over and over is what is being rejected.