Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows don't like my sata

• Please log in to reply

eusebioechevarria

eusebioechevarria

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Wondering if anyone can help this has had me puzzled for a while. I got a new maxtor dimondmax sata 250gb drive to add for extra storage replacing 2 60gb maxtor ide's which had given up after a long haul, connected it all up got into windows formatted the drive and copied everything i needed onto it. Everything was working fine for a while then windows stopped loading. Ran through usual problems disabling this and that, narrowed it down to usb2 and sata. Now only the sata causes problems and usb is fine. If sata is enabled in bios, windows won't boot into safe mode, it will boot normally but becomes so sluggish it is nearly ususable. I have installed latest bios on mobo, latest updates for xp, latest sata drivers, cleaned out viruses spy/ad ware. everything works fine when drive not connected, but horrible if it is. Using windows xp pro sp2. Any help would be appriciated.

Abit AN7 with amd XP3200
1gb ddr3200
Radeon x800
60gb maxtor ide
250gb maxtor sata

Edited by eusebioechevarria, 15 June 2005 - 05:45 AM.

Advertisements